Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

OH Received job offer yesterday!!

OH Received job offer yesterday!!

Old May 31st 2007, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

myvod_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OH Received job offer yesterday!!

Just moved to Winnipeg about 6 months ago (recently from Montreal, originally from Wolverhampton) and made it through the first winter. Looking for houses right now as well, so if you have any questions or queries - I'll be happy to assist if I can.

Oh and congratulations on the move and Welcome!
Old May 31st 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krizzy
We did a fact finding thing in Winnipeg...years ago...a friend was born there...very cold he says...LOL!

I liked it...nice place...hubby got a job offer within a day of getting there...guy willing to wait for him no matter how long it took....I love Canada but it was not the place for us to live....I have family in Calgary which give me the idea to move to Canada...plus I raced sled dogs in the UK...but we really wanted the USA which was a no go or so we thought...so made up our minds to stay in the UK...which was good for us because hubby got a job offer in the USA a few months later through a friend...
think ive already posted you regarding this. but how on earth did you get a job offer in us. ive wanted to go live back in us for the last 23 years. i was there as a kid. in fact we are going in 7 weeks to stay with family up state new york. please let me know what sort of job he got and how.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:11 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ejbsom
think ive already posted you regarding this. but how on earth did you get a job offer in us. ive wanted to go live back in us for the last 23 years. i was there as a kid. in fact we are going in 7 weeks to stay with family up state new york. please let me know what sort of job he got and how.
A guy my husband once worked with got a job in the USA..and remembered we were looking to move to Canada...he phoned and asked if we would like the USA instead....hubby had just got a job offer in San Jose...but that fell through...so we thought lets take a look...hubby got this job right away...and we moved over 7 months later....he is a SR Telecoms Test Eng....did you read the web sites I sent you....