Oh, Kanada!

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Oh, Kanada!

So, I made it to Montreal in one piece by yesterday afternoon. The drive north from New York was gorgeaus. The landing process was a breeze, (10 minutes total.)

I haven't seen much of Montreal yet, but I am getting ready to. The first impression is that Montreal has been beaten up badly by this winter. The cars are filthy by the salt/dirt or other residue. The roads are full of potholes.

My relatives are amazing, and they are helping me adjust with every step of the process. Right now I am getting ready to head to the Social Insurance office, and apply for the number. I have to stop by the "depanneur" to get bus tickets.

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh, Kanada!

Wow - I think 10 minutes for the landing process is a record. When I landed in Toronto, it must have taken a good hour +. It all depends if you get a really officious immigration officer. Mine made me take everything out of my suitcase so he could see that I'd itemised and had dollar values next to it all.

How can you price year-old cacks ........... you know what I'm saying???????!!

Anyway all the best to you.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=prodigyking]So, I made it to Montreal in one piece by yesterday afternoon. The drive north from New York was gorgeaus. The landing process was a breeze, (10 minutes total.)

So they the likes of you across the border did they? Did you have to swim or sneak across?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

jorja is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. If you need any help/info on settling into Montreal just ask. I know the city reasonably well... Good luck!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Congratulations hope every thing goes to plan
Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by prodigyking

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice.
We are always here for you!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

Thank you, thank you everyone.

As a quick update:

I already applied for the SIN number yesterday, and today I applied for the Health Insurance of Quebec. The insurance will kick in by June 1st.

I am in bliss. I love Kanada .... (by the way why is the booze so much more expensive than the US?)
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Congrats! Let's hook up sometime
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prodigyking
by the way why is the booze so much more expensive than the US?
I think of it as protection money that enables me to live in a GWB-free zone (or at least to enjoy the illusion that I do).