Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh Canada Why?

Oh Canada Why?

Old Jun 29th 2006, 7:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh Canada Why?

Originally Posted by dormy
I can only agree with Rete.

Whether you believe in guardian angels or not take time out and ask them for guidance, you will soon know what is the best course of action for you. You may not realise it at the time but they will always show you the way, just ask for help.

Agree.

HOWEVER, before Babyblue can try and take herself to this place of serenity, she really HAS to find out whether this potential job offer is real or not. I get the impression it could just be a piece of pie in the sky coupled with wishful thinking.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

pinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to allpinkpanther is a name known to all

I would definately go back to England and be with my kids, they are family and more important and would you be happy in Canada without them? I know I wouldn't.

I'm sure there are loads of families in England that would love to have someone with your skills work for them.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Pink Panther
Old Jun 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Oh BB,
I can't give you any advice but my heart goes out to you, do what you think is right, talk to everybody involved and then take some time out for yourself and consider what you want for yourself and your kids, ie: could you be a long distance Mum if they choose to stay in the UK.

Take care hun,

Rosie
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:10 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD Babyblue! Did you need this? Lots of people have offered their opinions - you get a huge hug from me! Your threads often bring tears to my eyes, talk about going through the mill to live a dream..I hope whatever you decide to do it works out for you BIG HUGS from Red Deer
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

My two cents worth. You must just about be qualifying for citizenship by now. Find out about the job. Talk to the woman herself. See what she says about sponsoring you and see if you think that she is telling the truth. If she works for Immigration - ask her all the hard questions.

If you think it will work, then I would stay on here - get your Citizenship and then you have a lot more choices. You will have dual nationality and that would give you the option of living in England or Canada.

I can't remember where you said how much longer you needed to stay - but it can't be very long.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the advice guys!
I am off for a week to the trailer and i will decide from there what i really want to do. I think in my heart i need to be near my kids. I know they are growing up but i want to be there when the start their families etc.
we will see what happens!

take care
i will let you all know if i have a change of heart
thanks again!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know the full story but I think BabyBlue is on a Work permit (hence the need to be sponsored? ) If this is the case, citizenship is out of the question.

Originally Posted by lizwil98
My two cents worth. You must just about be qualifying for citizenship by now.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by babyblue
I am off for a week to the trailer and i will decide from there what i really want to do. I think in my heart i need to be near my kids. I know they are growing up but i want to be there when the start their families etc.

take care
thanks again!

hey babyblue, you should join us in scallywags in toronto for the england match, britishvixen and i are going for sure.... might help get ur mind off things!
Old Jun 30th 2006, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by babyblue

take care
thanks again!
Good luck BabyBlue - what ever you choose. Let us know, we'll al be thinking of you.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Oh - I thought I had seen somewhere in a past post - ages ago - about how she didn't want to have to go home because she nearly qualified for something or other - and I thought it was citizenship.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 9:53 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Jeeze BB............... what a decision to make!!!!
Have faith in yourself, I know you'll make the best, of whatever decision you make.
Thinking of you
Kelly