the office

Old May 8th 2004, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default the office

Series 1 and 2 (DVD), now on sale at Wal-Mart. I paid $23 for series 1 in Calgary, and it was worth every penny in laughs. I have never seen it before, but after hearing about it non-stop from friends back in England, I had to get it. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.
Old May 8th 2004, 1:43 am
mickj

You could have just downloaded it ( yes you heard that right, since a judge said p2p is not illegal ), that is what i did, and you will be surprised at what yo can get.

It has a big following back home, and that silly dance they do, has been done at many an office party. So i'll take it you will be buying the other series then.

On a different office ( the white house ), what do people actually think of those pictures coming out of Iraq, regarding the prisoners? Its like slavery all over again, its amazing that rumsfeld ( who probably had relatives that went through the holocust, should know better ), will come out trying to cover up the blatant pictures. Now if that was the UK, Geoff Hoon will have gone the same day the pictures surfaced.
Attached Thumbnails the office-0009df21-4c67-1093-953f80bfb6fa0000.jpg  

Last edited by mickj; May 8th 2004 at 2:21 am.

Old May 8th 2004, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Stupid guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shucks

.........with this how the hell are we gonna label em blinking Islamic freedom fighters "Terrorisits" anymore...
...now that the cats out of the bag and they have proven who the actual terrorists are ....our brave US army!!!

How the hell can we justify robbing their oil anymore..!! under thepretext of spreading "Democracy" man this sux !! We need to think of another plan ASAP to keep that oil flowing....

...any body got any ideas...???
Old May 8th 2004, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

One word: awful. By the way, mickj, there were similar pictures of Brits abusing prisoners which turn out to be a hoax (and not very well put together). All that talks of bringing democracy and all that. Sickening. No excuse at all. And to think about it, they are trying to stop a new Michael Moore movie from being screened. Freedom of speech, my foot.
Old May 8th 2004, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

BBC comedy at Wal-Mart to torturing prisoners...sorry I brought it up (I did get series 2 today though).
Old May 8th 2004, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who has worked in the corporate environment, The Office is .... priceless. Best thing to come from BBC2 since This Life.

Cheers, Iain
Old May 8th 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Iain Mc
As someone who has worked in the corporate environment, The Office is .... priceless. Best thing to come from BBC2 since This Life.

Cheers, Iain
I absolutely agree with that. It's a shame that there are no more episodes to come but I think it finished at the right time, while it was still top quality.

I understand that a US version is being made with US actors. Somehow I can't imagine it being as good. Who could possibly be as perfect in the role of David Brent and Gareth as the originals?!
Old May 8th 2004, 9:13 pm
mickj

I don't think a US version can be made, don't forget it was shown on US TV, and he won an award for it, well...they all did ! The guy did the right thing, quit whilst you are ahead, he made enough money out of it, got a bigger house, still can't drive, but it doesn't bother him, because you can pay someone else to do it.

Bring back Simon Templer, upstairs downstairs, are you being served, rising damp, carry on episodes with all the hot totties.

Old May 8th 2004, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
I don't think a US version can be made, don't forget it was shown on US TV, and he won an award for it, well...they all did !
No US version Mick? Check out the link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffic...efguide5.shtml
Old May 9th 2004, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

I have never watched the office is it good?
Old May 9th 2004, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ray1968
I have never watched the office is it good?
I could swear by your little icon picture that you star in it Ray
Old May 9th 2004, 8:12 pm
mickj

Just watching re-runs of CRACKER on showcase ( sundays 4:00pm, channel 39 here in Ontario ), Robbie Coltrane is the man !

Old May 9th 2004, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Katy_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by stepnek
I absolutely agree with that. It's a shame that there are no more episodes to come but I think it finished at the right time, while it was still top quality.

The xmas episode with Brent's music video is classic cringeworthy Office! Fantastic stuff!
Old May 9th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

So is there a special Christmas episode not on series 1 or series 2!?! I shall have to find a way of getting hold of it!
Old May 9th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Katy_M
The xmas episode with Brent's music video is classic cringeworthy Office! Fantastic stuff!
Absolutely right. To have the two extra Xmas episodes were a treat and they wrapped up the conclusion quite nicely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.