Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nursing advice greatly appreicated!!

Nursing advice greatly appreicated!!

Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

asf670 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing advice greatly appreicated!!

Hello there,

I'm a nursing student who is graduting this year in Scotland. I have dual UK/Canadian citizenship and was hoping to secure a post in Scotland to gain experience before making my way home to Vancouver in order to be closer with my family. A family illness has forced me to re-consider and I am now counting down the days until I grauate so I can be there for her. I am panicking as to how will being a Canadian citizen who has British nursing training and no further experience be expected to gain employment?? I know that I will have to go through the CRNBC and that will most likely involve me taking further university classes as per the SEC but when I have passed all of my CRNE requirement do I have any hope of gaining employment due to my lack of experience? With my Canadian citizenship will I be treated the same as a newly qualified canadian nurse? Any information would be very much appreciated! Thank you!!