Nursing

Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:10 pm
  #16  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

I've heard its really nice in okotoks has a nice community feel to it. We're going out next year so lookin forward 2 that.
Have a gr8 time and remember to fill us in when you come back.
---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:12 pm
  #17  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 64
md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing

susie, as said above they called us today that thet are still taking on international nurses but just in much smaller numbers and you may have to work in 2 departments. So maybe not all doom and gloom but the positive vibes have gone, come over we will get you a job has definatly gone. So will be waiting for the postman with the dog.lol
md5037 is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:14 pm
  #18  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Nursing

Hi
I suppose its to be expected but like you say it might be different when i qualify??? The other option is to go with my OH job he's a HGV Driver, so we'll have to wait and see!!!

---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:17 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 64
md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing

mlm

I think i would wait until you have qualified especially now with the way the job market is looking.
md5037 is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:19 pm
  #20  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

the main thing your gettin there, so that a good thing surely??

---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:46 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by md5037 View Post
mlm

I think i would wait until you have qualified especially now with the way the job market is looking.
yeah i agree things could look very different in a couple of years time good or bad????
---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2009, 7:43 pm
  #22  
BE Forum Addict
 
Getting There's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Okotoks, Alberta
Posts: 1,639
Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by md5037 View Post
Offer of Employment

My wife got a call from Calgary Healthcare and a letter of employment is winging its way to us. So good news.

Must admit though the phone call left us a little deflated as we were told that the number of jobs were reducing by a lot. Last year no prob finding placement this year you might have to work in 2 different departments. New hospital may be beinging scaled back.

Also this is the first time we have met such a negative attitude to work the only ray of light i see is that maybe she is trying to ensure you can see that it isnt all roses.

But still now it is waiting for the postman, LMO then TWP so hopefully all moving on.
Many congratulations on the job offer. Focus on that and on getting on with planning your move across. As an Okotoks based couple, may we be first to welcome you as future new neighbours!

Eamonn & Janet.
Getting There is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 1:23 pm
  #23  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 132
Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi
I know this should be in the nursing forum but ???
Could anyone tell me if this is correct. That after 2009 canada are not accepting the diploma in nursing only degree's????
Thanks
Michelle
Hi Michelle, I'm starting the Graduate diploma in Nursing this April at the BCU and am banking on it getting me to Canada! Just out of interest, have you started your diploma yet? Also, are you studying in Brum? Just being nosey!! Julie
Jazzflute is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 2:07 pm
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 64
md5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nicemd5037 is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing

Jus for info and may change again but at the moment you need a degree to get into some provences. Alberta isnt one although we have heard that they are looking to change this at "sometime in the future" so be aware once you have qualified the rules may have changed.
md5037 is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:27 pm
  #25  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by Jazzflute View Post
Hi Michelle, I'm starting the Graduate diploma in Nursing this April at the BCU and am banking on it getting me to Canada! Just out of interest, have you started your diploma yet? Also, are you studying in Brum? Just being nosey!! Julie
Hi Julie
Yeah i started mine in september at wolverhampton uni. I've just finished my first placement, i loved it. Where are u studying? I'm finding it ok, just need to be better at time management.lol
Michelle
---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:52 pm
  #26  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 132
Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi Julie
Yeah i started mine in september at wolverhampton uni. I've just finished my first placement, i loved it. Where are u studying? I'm finding it ok, just need to be better at time management.lol
Michelle
Hi Michelle, I'll be studying at the Birmingham City Uni (previously called the UCE) based at the campus in Edgbaston (which is lovely!!) Great to hear its going well for you. I can't wait to start! Just in the process of filling out the bursary forms to send off - I too need to get into gear time management wise! Only thing I'm not looking forward to is purchasing loads of books... take care and best of luck in getting to Canada, Julie
Jazzflute is offline  
Old Feb 26th 2009, 11:39 am
  #27  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Nursing

Hi julie
My friend is due to start there in april also. Luckily i was able to buy mine off a friend, but amazon is good place to get some but wait till u start & they will recommend which ones to get. The library is good at uni aswell though cause they can be expensive. Which part of canada are u looking to go to??? We're going over next year can't wait but have to go in aug cause thats when my hols from uni are!!! Its great once you start. hope you enjoy it.
Take care and enjoy.
Michelle

p.s if there is any questions once u start just let me know. x
---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 26th 2009, 1:45 pm
  #28  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 132
Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi julie
My friend is due to start there in april also. Luckily i was able to buy mine off a friend, but amazon is good place to get some but wait till u start & they will recommend which ones to get. The library is good at uni aswell though cause they can be expensive. Which part of canada are u looking to go to??? We're going over next year can't wait but have to go in aug cause thats when my hols from uni are!!! Its great once you start. hope you enjoy it.
Take care and enjoy.
Michelle

p.s if there is any questions once u start just let me know. x
Hi Michelle

Wot a coincidence - is your friend interested in Canada too? I'm hoping that the library at BCU is well stocked or else it will be Amazon as you suggest. We are looking at Nova Scotia - Lunenburg - hopefully! Just love it there. We spent time there in 2006 and last summer - but won't be able to afford it this year with being a student!! We went in Aug last year - the weather was fantastic. As we left the UK it was raining here!! I applied for Canada under the Simplified process in Oct 06. To my surprise we received the 90 day update letter in Nov last year. I'm hoping that the process drags out longer so that I can complete the diploma though. What stage are you at Michelle? Julie
Jazzflute is offline  
Old Feb 26th 2009, 5:10 pm
  #29  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Wolverhampton, but not forever!!!
Posts: 196
---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by Jazzflute View Post
Hi Michelle

Wot a coincidence - is your friend interested in Canada too? I'm hoping that the library at BCU is well stocked or else it will be Amazon as you suggest. We are looking at Nova Scotia - Lunenburg - hopefully! Just love it there. We spent time there in 2006 and last summer - but won't be able to afford it this year with being a student!! We went in Aug last year - the weather was fantastic. As we left the UK it was raining here!! I applied for Canada under the Simplified process in Oct 06. To my surprise we received the 90 day update letter in Nov last year. I'm hoping that the process drags out longer so that I can complete the diploma though. What stage are you at Michelle? Julie
Hi
She's not interested in moving, i know she moving to brum but i think thats as far as it gets. lol
We are looking at calgary for our trip next year but who know's??? Haven't done anything yet are far as paperwork didn't think i could yet???
Our uni library is gr8 so i would imagine yrs would be the same. Really lookin forward to next year everyone says how nice canada is.
take care & speak soon. xx
---mlm--- is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2009, 2:11 pm
  #30  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 132
Jazzflute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi
She's not interested in moving, i know she moving to brum but i think thats as far as it gets. lol
We are looking at calgary for our trip next year but who know's??? Haven't done anything yet are far as paperwork didn't think i could yet???
Our uni library is gr8 so i would imagine yrs would be the same. Really lookin forward to next year everyone says how nice canada is.
take care & speak soon. xx
Hi Michelle

Have sent you a pm.

You will absolutely love Canada! My manager visited Calgary last year and loved it, as I said I've only been as far as Nova Scotia!
Take care, Julie x
Jazzflute is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.