British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   NOVA SCOTIA, which way round? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/nova-scotia-way-round-556202/)

SmilerJen Aug 19th 2008 5:02 pm

NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

We are travelling from Ontario to move to Halifax Nova Scotia and we are going to make it a vacation at the same time we have a 14month old child and a large dog, so lots of stops are going to take place but the big question is when we hit Nova Scotia which way shall we go?
Up through Cape Breton and down the East Shore or through Digby and Yarmouth and back up the South Shore to Halifax?
Your comments would be appreciated.
thanks Jennie

or4ngecrush Aug 19th 2008 5:06 pm

Re: NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

Never been down the way but I loved Cape Breton, I also went in the fall so it made it even more beautiful.

I'm sure other people will be along to help soon..x

Butch Cassidy Aug 19th 2008 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by SmilerJen (Post 6694803)
We are travelling from Ontario to move to Halifax Nova Scotia and we are going to make it a vacation at the same time we have a 14month old child and a large dog, so lots of stops are going to take place but the big question is when we hit Nova Scotia which way shall we go?
Up through Cape Breton and down the East Shore or through Digby and Yarmouth and back up the South Shore to Halifax?
thanks Jennie

Make a U-turn and head due west till you find civilisation and people with the correct number of digits:p

Flogger Aug 19th 2008 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6694814)
Make a U-turn and head due west till you find civilisation and people with the correct number of digits:p

:sneaky:

Butch Cassidy Aug 19th 2008 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 6694826)
:sneaky:

Good day Flogger. Hows the thumb transplant working out?
:p

Flogger Aug 19th 2008 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy (Post 6694829)
Good day Flogger. Hows the thumb transplant working out?
:p

:confused: I have a feeling of air rushing past the top of my head

Butch Cassidy Aug 19th 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Flogger (Post 6694845)
:confused: I have a feeling of air rushing past the top of my head

people with the correct number of digits

val50 Aug 19th 2008 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by SmilerJen (Post 6694803)
thanks Jennie

you will get lots of divided comments here - those that love the north as opposed to those that prefer the Valley and the south. Personally I'd say go to Annapolis, Digby down to Yarmouth and then to Halifax on the 103. Think there is more to do and see that way - although I know paradisefound et al will disagree:lol:
It's a pity you can't catch the ferry from Maine to Yarmouth, then you'd be able to drive from there to Annapolis, up to the North shore and Cape Breton and back to Halifax down the east shore.

Paradisefound Aug 20th 2008 2:56 am

The question is which side of NS are you going to pass through to get to the areas you mention or are you sticking to the highways? Also when are you traveling and how long have you got? Many drives around NS just involve miles of trees and others are more interesting.

Corky Aug 20th 2008 1:40 pm

Well I think it all comes down to howe is entering the province....I mean if she is driving and coming through New Brunswick, I think see the north shore first. Then Halifax/Dartmouth, down the 101 through the valley and digby and Yarmouth up to the South shore. Or if they have lots of time go straight from the north shore and Truro to Cape Breton.....I guess she has to be more specific.
Hey Val50 house the house in Annapolis Royal? Have you started any work on it yet?