Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

SmilerJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

We are travelling from Ontario to move to Halifax Nova Scotia and we are going to make it a vacation at the same time we have a 14month old child and a large dog, so lots of stops are going to take place but the big question is when we hit Nova Scotia which way shall we go?
Up through Cape Breton and down the East Shore or through Digby and Yarmouth and back up the South Shore to Halifax?
Your comments would be appreciated.
thanks Jennie
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:06 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOVA SCOTIA, which way round?

Never been down the way but I loved Cape Breton, I also went in the fall so it made it even more beautiful.

I'm sure other people will be along to help soon..x
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:07 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmilerJen
We are travelling from Ontario to move to Halifax Nova Scotia and we are going to make it a vacation at the same time we have a 14month old child and a large dog, so lots of stops are going to take place but the big question is when we hit Nova Scotia which way shall we go?
Up through Cape Breton and down the East Shore or through Digby and Yarmouth and back up the South Shore to Halifax?
thanks Jennie
Make a U-turn and head due west till you find civilisation and people with the correct number of digits
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:11 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Make a U-turn and head due west till you find civilisation and people with the correct number of digits
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:12 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
Good day Flogger. Hows the thumb transplant working out?
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:18 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Good day Flogger. Hows the thumb transplant working out?
I have a feeling of air rushing past the top of my head
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Flogger
I have a feeling of air rushing past the top of my head
people with the correct number of digits
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmilerJen
thanks Jennie
you will get lots of divided comments here - those that love the north as opposed to those that prefer the Valley and the south. Personally I'd say go to Annapolis, Digby down to Yarmouth and then to Halifax on the 103. Think there is more to do and see that way - although I know paradisefound et al will disagree
It's a pity you can't catch the ferry from Maine to Yarmouth, then you'd be able to drive from there to Annapolis, up to the North shore and Cape Breton and back to Halifax down the east shore.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

The question is which side of NS are you going to pass through to get to the areas you mention or are you sticking to the highways? Also when are you traveling and how long have you got? Many drives around NS just involve miles of trees and others are more interesting.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Well I think it all comes down to howe is entering the province....I mean if she is driving and coming through New Brunswick, I think see the north shore first. Then Halifax/Dartmouth, down the 101 through the valley and digby and Yarmouth up to the South shore. Or if they have lots of time go straight from the north shore and Truro to Cape Breton.....I guess she has to be more specific.
Hey Val50 house the house in Annapolis Royal? Have you started any work on it yet?