Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Recce trip

Wikiposts

Nova Scotia Recce trip

Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nova Scotia Recce trip

Originally Posted by Corky
I have to agree with Liana on this one, there are many opportunities for children with Uni's and community colleges but they may reach an age and want to say to these fair shores. My daughter went to England and my son is in the navy. My daughter is returning very soon!
Community college is a great place for children when they have finished high school, and now they offer all those trades that are on shortage in Canada. So your children may grow up and want to move back to the UK or may even go to another province....time will tell! What exactly are you looking for for your children, Southcote?

I think this has come across all wrong ! If my children want to travel when they are older, that is fine, I have no problem with that. What I am seeking is somewhere that offers opportunities in their careers if they don't want to travel or move away. I have read stories on different threads about people's children having to move away to find jobs - I don't wish to put them in a position where the HAVE to move away thats all
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:18 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I would much prefer that my children stay close too. Shhhh, if they move I may follow them
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I would much prefer that my children stay close too. Shhhh, if they move I may follow them
I think when your kids are in their 20's you may feel just a little bit different of course when your kids are in their 20's you will be thinking you want to do something different!....I always encourgaged my kids to go and see things for themselves...and they did! It is a great life experience,
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:54 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
I think when your kids are in their 20's you may feel just a little bit different of course when your kids are in their 20's you will be thinking you want to do something different!....I always encourgaged my kids to go and see things for themselves...and they did! It is a great life experience,

I know, but when there are young you can't imagine them living too far away. I have lots of travel plans for the future. Will be great only paying for 2 adults
Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:18 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Nova Scotia Recce trip

Hi there

Glad you had a good and informative trip. We have booked to go out again in October to get a feel of a different time of year plus it coincides with an event Mark should be able to do networking at.

Ash Lee J school sounds good, we have been emailing a lady that works there and we will have a look round in oct plus Holland rd elementary and some in Bedford.

Did you visit any other schools at all?

Andrea

Last edited by Andrea&Mark; Jun 1st 2007 at 12:18 pm. Reason: spelling mistake DOH!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah watch out for those black flies. Nasty creatures! I have been bitten to pieces. They do not discriminate. The females want your blood to fuel their eggs. They come in swarms too. Not fast enough to follow you if your running though. I am forced to wear a face net. These things are as bad as Midgies in Scotland. They can't get you if it is breezy because they can not fly in wind. They go away at night and they will be dieing out soon. They are a pest for a month or two then bugger off. Thier bites ich like mad too. I hate them. I wish Yarmouth would treat our lake. That would kill the bastards off. Other then that all is great.

Last edited by roxye3; Jun 1st 2007 at 1:22 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andrea&Mark
Hi there

Glad you had a good and informative trip. We have booked to go out again in October to get a feel of a different time of year plus it coincides with an event Mark should be able to do networking at.

Ash Lee J school sounds good, we have been emailing a lady that works there and we will have a look round in oct plus Holland rd elementary and some in Bedford.

Did you visit any other schools at all?

Andrea
I might go out by myself later this year. Like you I'd like to see what it's lke in the winter, plus I'd like to catch up with someone I have been talkingto about a job. We're also hopeful that our Visas should be through by October (based on a comment from CHC), so I'd be able to talk to people with a degree of certainty.

The only school we went to is Ash Lee J. Have you been to any ? I'd be interested in views on other schools as the house we end up buying may be in a different catchment area
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:57 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Nova Scotia Recce trip

Hi

We haven't seen any schools yet but the 2 elementary ones in Fall River have a good reputation. Not sure about other areas. We are going to try and view both Fall River Schools plus 2 in Bedford maybe more if we have time and like the look of other areas.

Andrea