Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia places similar to BC Gulf Islands but with people

Nova Scotia places similar to BC Gulf Islands but with people

Old Aug 6th 2014, 2:26 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia places similar to BC Gulf Islands but with people

Delta...you have a lot of ladies on your side....probably because to a certain extent we have all been in the same situation, give and take....your husband might be a bit of an armpit? There are a few of them around.

At times we just sometimes need to be supportive of one another. Life offers a curved ball every time you think all is going to plan...it's what you do with the curved ball that makes the difference
Old Aug 6th 2014, 4:01 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
I hate to bring this up why does he not want you there? Where does he stay when over in UK? Is he basically telling you, that you are better off staying in the Canada house and waiting for him for those 2 weeks? That it is a much better idea because he is working so hard and has no time for you when working while in Canada he can be with you 24/7? I think a surprise visit maybe in order! I do not want to state the obvious!
surprise visit suggested numerous times. . . . ….maybe he is doing the "2nd wife" thing in the UK ?

Last edited by The4BellsLondon; Aug 6th 2014 at 4:10 am.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
I had no real reason to leave. I should have said NO. Ladies, be aware of what you are agreeing to. Make sure you have a "get out of Dodge" clause in the contract. Agreeing to moving without a clear way to come back if it doesn't work is foolish.
Ask me how I know....I wish to God, I had never even heard of Canada.
*sigh*
You can still say 'NO'! This isn't the 18th century and you are allowed to have your own opinion even though you are a woman! Realistically what could your husband do if you flatly refused to stay in Canada and made plans to move back to the UK? Thankfully I do love it here in Canada but believe me when I say that if I didn't like it here I would move back home whether my husband agreed or not. You are your own person not someone's property and you are allowed to make a decision on your future too. Life is too short to be unhappy. I also agree with the posters who suggested a surprise visit to the UK may be in order. Good luck to you and next time your husband lays the law down without considering your feelings, may I suggest you flick him the bird and tell him to go screw himself!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 4:47 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
surprise visit suggested numerous times. . . . ….maybe he is doing the "2nd wife" thing in the UK ?
In the spirit of Pride week and not wanting to seem sexist, I will add 2nd Husband too .
Old Aug 6th 2014, 5:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

In the spirit of Pride week and not wanting to seem sexist, I will add 2nd Husband too .
Wouldn't it be a 1st husband for him?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 5:23 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by dbd33
Wouldn't it be a 1st husband for him?
Possibly . . . but will we, or she, ever know ???
Old Aug 6th 2014, 5:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Hes in the UK half the time, and you are in BC and wish you were in the UK?

I know I can be obtuse, but why not just go back and live in the UK... He will be there with you the same amount, and you will be where you want to be. If he lands a job full time in the UK even better, but if not you are no worse off. Seems to me he has had ample time and opportunity to address your concerns by now.

Why on earth bring NS into things, you will be rattling around again in a remote area with few visitors once again, and your son will still be far enough away that frequent visits seem unlikely. Hopefully the house sells, but dont move to NS for gods sake, not if hes working half the time in the UK, just move back! As for his concern about rent and mortgages, he needs to get over that if thats what is preventing a move back to the UK. Does he care about your well-being or not? If yes then he needs to put his hand in his pocket, and if not then you are best off without him.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 6th 2014 at 5:42 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

I know I can be obtuse, but why not just go back and live in the UK... He will be there with you the same amount, and you will be where you want to be. If he lands a job full time in the UK even better, but if not you are no worse off. Seems to me he has had ample time and opportunity to address your concerns by now.

Why on earth bring NS into things, you will be rattling around again in a remote area with few visitors once again, and your son will still be far enough away that frequent visits seem unlikely. Hopefully the house sells, but dont move to NS for gods sake, not if hes working half the time in the UK, just move back! As for his concern about rent and mortgages, he needs to get over that if thats what is preventing a move back to the UK. Does he care about your well-being or not? If yes then he needs to put his hand in his pocket, and if not then you are best off without him.
....Or find a rental in NS so you can just get that out of your system. Definitely don't buy anywhere else in Canada until you know for sure where you want to be... which I think is nowhere really in Canada but in the UK?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:12 pm
half a century

Originally Posted by DandNHill
....Or find a rental in NS so you can just get that out of your system. Definitely don't buy anywhere else in Canada until you know for sure where you want to be... which I think is nowhere really in Canada but in the UK?
See ops previous post .. Husband refuses to rent !
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

See ops previous post .. Husband refuses to rent !
Yeah I know... basically if he won't budge on a rental then they have no choice but to return to the UK when the house in BC is sold. Too much of a gamble to buy another house in NS... Our house in the sticks in NS has been for sale since Xmas and we have had one viewing...the realtor says nothing is selling other than the grubby cottages that people can pick up for pocket change!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:25 pm
half a century

Yeah I know... basically if he won't budge on a rental then they have no choice but to return to the UK when the house in BC is sold. Too much of a gamble to buy another house in NS... Our house in the sticks in NS has been for sale since Xmas and we have had one viewing...the realtor says nothing is selling other than the grubby cottages that people can pick up for pocket change!
Seems there's not much Give and take - def more Take than give. . .
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seems there's not much Give and take - def more Take than give. . .
Well considering he's been doing all the taking maybe it's about time he gave and she took??? Can't be all in his favour!
It's easy for us to sit back and judge and make suggestions that he is living a double life and so on but we're not living their lives and we are only outsiders looking in...
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:33 pm
half a century

Well considering he's been doing all the taking maybe it's about time he gave and she took??? Can't be all in his favour!
It's easy for us to sit back and judge and make suggestions that he is living a double life and so on but we're not living their lives and we are only outsiders looking in...
Indeed and we only hear one side of the story . . .but I wonder.. is there a woman (or man) in the Uk on a forum somewhere posting about a husband who spends half his time in Canada and won't let her / him move there . . . .
Old Aug 6th 2014, 7:12 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink

totally agree. That way they can keep the house in BC and he can travel there during his weeks off work.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 8:34 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say dump him and move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.