Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia networking?

Nova Scotia networking?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

sasch017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Nova Scotia networking?

Hi all... We are in the process of moving to Nova Scotia, and would love to have contact with anyone having already moved there or in the process of moving!!! I am Canadian, but lived in the West most of my life, so a move to NS is whole new territory! (Literally!) My husband is British and we have a little girl who is 2 - oh... and two mental Siberian Huskies! A friendly network in place would make our move a bit easier! If anyone feels like sending me an email with your thoughts, experiences, advice and info would be GREAT!!! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:43 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nova Scotia networking?

hi there we dont live there yet so cant advise but am sure you will have lots of peeps on here who will be happy to network with ya , i will too once am over , haha

wheres about in NS are you planning of moving ?
dee xxxxxx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

You will find lots of us who are already here or on the way here very soon so you will have no probs in meeting people who are like minded.

Where abouts in NS do you intend to settle?

I guess you will find NS a little different to the west me thinks, much more laid back and peaceful and folks are wonderful here in NS, most people we've met actually give a damn about you.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:09 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are making the move in June, 6 yr old son and 2 yr old daughter to the Colchester region

I have dropped you a PM with some more info
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

canduc996 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sasch017
Hi all... We are in the process of moving to Nova Scotia, and would love to have contact with anyone having already moved there or in the process of moving!!! I am Canadian, but lived in the West most of my life, so a move to NS is whole new territory! (Literally!) My husband is British and we have a little girl who is 2 - oh... and two mental Siberian Huskies! A friendly network in place would make our move a bit easier! If anyone feels like sending me an email with your thoughts, experiences, advice and info would be GREAT!!! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!
Hi Sasch017. We are on our way across in June, and looking to get a couple of Huskies after settling in. Has it been easy to arrange for them to travel across? How long is the quarantine period?

From what I've seen on British Expats.com you will be in good company in NS
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Ditto. Not sure what I'm looking forward to more. Moving to NS or getting Huskies
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

sasch017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there! We haven't decided on the actual area yet, but we love most of the South Shore! We are planning on renting a house until we find the perfect home to purchase, so we shall see! x
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:55 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canduc996
How long is the quarantine period?
Going from UK to Canada there is no quarantine period, you would need to do it if you were bringing the dogs back to the UK.

Anyway

Hello I'm here in NS
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Louisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond reputeLouisecooke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

we moved from the UK to NS about 3 1/2 years ago. We brought 9 huskies with us, now we have 29

feel free to contact us for any info if we can help!

www.shaytaanhuskies.com
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louisecooke
Hi

we moved from the UK to NS about 3 1/2 years ago. We brought 9 huskies with us, now we have 29

feel free to contact us for any info if we can help!

www.shaytaanhuskies.com
Wow 29 dogs we have 3 and i thought that was a lot
They look great fun
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

canduc996 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Going from UK to Canada there is no quarantine period, you would need to do it if you were bringing the dogs back to the UK.

Anyway

Hello I'm here in NS
Thats great news. Thanks for the info
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:46 am
Vanessa & Glyn

Location: Slough, Berkshire....Soon to be back in Halifax, NS (Born n raised Cape Bretoner!!!)
nessamj has a spectacular aura aboutnessamj has a spectacular aura aboutnessamj has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by canduc996
Thats great news. Thanks for the info
Hey Sasch!!

I am a Canadian (native Cape Bretoner!!) who just moved back to Halifax, NS after 2 years in the UK and my British partner is moving over in the spring. We're 26 years old, and not big partiers and i think my bf would love to have another brit around who could speak Footie! ...or cricket...or lawn bowling...ahahah he's a bit of a sports nut!

Don't hesitate to contact!

Cheers!
Vanessa
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

I'm a Haligonian who just moved to Halifax with my Barbadian husband. Most of my friends have left halifax for jobs and school so I would love to meet some people. I'm 25 and my OH is 24.