Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Get Together!!

Nova Scotia Get Together!!

Old Jun 23rd 2004, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Nova Scotia Get Together!!

Ok everyone I know I've mentioned it before but I want dates now!!! Anyone who is in the Nova Scotia region this year (preferably summer as I dont want to be barbqueing in the snow!!) please let us in on the exact dates so I can tie everyone together and work out when we can have this barbie. I have a feeling we are going to be doing a couple of dates but hey thats life (me and my big mouth eh!!!lol)

UkJo
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nova Scotia Get Together!!

Awww you know if I lived closer ukjo I'd be there

Hope you have a great one!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

mikejw is on a distinguished road

Hi ukjo
we (myself,wife,2 children) will be staying near Fall river between 23 Aug until 11 Sept (still can't get used to the American form of date writing).
mike
Old Jun 24th 2004, 5:46 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Mr & Mrs Liftman in Dartmouth 23rd to 30th September
Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by liftman
Mr & Mrs Liftman in Dartmouth 23rd to 30th September
Well that will be a different barbie for you then
Old Jun 24th 2004, 9:55 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

I see.

Don't want to be associated with me when you other, real freinds are in town then??

Well, it's my ball and i'm taking it home.

HHHHHHUUUUURRRRRUUUMMMMPPPHHHHHH!!!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by liftman
I see.

Don't want to be associated with me when you other, real freinds are in town then??

Well, it's my ball and i'm taking it home.

HHHHHHUUUUURRRRRUUUMMMMPPPHHHHHH!!!

No you'd lower the tone of the neighbourhood!!!!lol
Old Jun 24th 2004, 10:17 pm
Just going for Holidays

You mean it gets lower?????
Old Jun 26th 2004, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

JoolsG will become famous soon enoughJoolsG will become famous soon enough
Default Can we come too?

We have just moved to NS (3 weeks ago on Monday)

Currently staying in East River near Hubbards but moving in the next couple of weeks to Kingswood, Halifax.

There are 5 of us! Me, my DH Richard, and our 3 children, 2 girls and a boy and we hail from various places! Me from Plymouth, Devon, my DH from Germany and all our children were born in the grey town of Swindon (no wonder we moved!!!).

Anyway, still adjusting to the canadian way of life, finding insurance a nightmare but enjoying ourselves.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Can we come too?

Originally posted by JoolsG
We have just moved to NS (3 weeks ago on Monday)

Currently staying in East River near Hubbards but moving in the next couple of weeks to Kingswood, Halifax.

There are 5 of us! Me, my DH Richard, and our 3 children, 2 girls and a boy and we hail from various places! Me from Plymouth, Devon, my DH from Germany and all our children were born in the grey town of Swindon (no wonder we moved!!!).

Anyway, still adjusting to the canadian way of life, finding insurance a nightmare but enjoying ourselves.

Hi you guys

Ive just pm'd you so let me know how things are. Im in Seaforth which is just the other side of Lawrencetown Beach. I dont really know where that is in relation to where you are.

UkJo
Old Jun 29th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Oh this sounds as if we are going to have a real wing ding Barbie....I'll bring the sausages......not the hotdogs, right!
Gee it is great to be back! I am so tired of getting in and out of little cars....
Old Jun 29th 2004, 3:45 pm
Just going for Holidays

Stop complaining Corky!

You said you were enjoying it when you were her, and now you are back listen to you.

I don't know, whinge whinge whinge.

Honestly!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

I must say I am glad to be back.....miss the kids though! I had a great time but I did notice a change in England since 2000. A heck of alot more people...everywhere was crowds. How come people in England don't smile? Just wondering. They don't seem very friendly either. There are things I used to crave for such as fish and chips pork pies and pasties and a few other things well this time I wasn't crazy about them so I am sure I won't miss them again. The weather was great while I was there, yes we had rain but they really needed it the ground was so dry. English rain, there is nothing like it. We went to a car boot in Exeter and missed being run down by a van, unfortunely he hit another old fella and drove away. The crowd started screaming but he just flew out of the parking lot. Hit and run. Everything happened so fast I am not sure whether anyone was able to get his plate number. It was great to get caught up in the english football matches but to bad for England.
The trip home was eventful as well. No sharp objects in your hand luggage, well I had some nail scissors in mine....don't have them anymore! Zoom was ok to travel on, apparently they will be flying all year from now on. Also flying to more destintions. Got to Halifax and of course you all know I have no PR card, well all I did was go to immigration have my passport stamped and she checked in the computer to see if it had been processed but it hadn't so not sure when I will get it. But it was alright and I didn't have to worry about it.
Also one of our cases was the last off.....there were about 5 of us they stopped to inspect the suitcases...of course we hadn't declared the Branston Pickle and Paxo and mushy peas, pickled walnuts and a few other things. He told us we could be find $200 for each item we didn't declare...Damn good job he didn't go throw mine....I had cheese and and stock cubes and flower seeds and all kinds of neat stuff. Anyway we are home save and sound!
Oh ya know the other thing I noticed....the HP sauce tastes different in England, it is much sharper than ours....anyone else noticed that?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Nova Scotia

Hi corky
glad to hear you had ok time in uk, glad your back now though, you can answer all the questions everyone has about NS! is it still hot there, spoke to my sister yesterday said it's really hot
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

torticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nova Scotia Get Together!!

Hi All

Have we missed the get together???

We Landed in March and spent the first 12 weeks or touring NB b4 moving over to Halifax to start work.

Will answer any question if people have them and i know the answers of course
Ian

Originally posted by ukjo
Ok everyone I know I've mentioned it before but I want dates now!!! Anyone who is in the Nova Scotia region this year (preferably summer as I dont want to be barbqueing in the snow!!) please let us in on the exact dates so I can tie everyone together and work out when we can have this barbie. I have a feeling we are going to be doing a couple of dates but hey thats life (me and my big mouth eh!!!lol)

UkJo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.