Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is Nova Scotia "awash with teachers"?

Wikiposts

Is Nova Scotia "awash with teachers"?

Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:48 am
Just Joined

felaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the rough
Default Is Nova Scotia "awash with teachers"?

We've just engaged a representative to help us with immigrating to Nova Scotia on the CIS. My husband is a systems administrator - Linux with several years experience in credit card processing. I'm an English teacher. I hear Canada has too many teachers but I wondered what the chances of my being able to teach in Nova Scotia [whenever we manage to get there - does the CIS take as long as the FSWP?]?

Two questions there!

Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Nova Scotia "awash with teachers"?

Welcome to the forum.

The answer to your question about processing time is that yes, CIS takes as long as FSW (usually longer in fact, particularly if you have to do a couple of visits before you can apply).

As for your question about teachers, I'm afraid I have no idea but I'll move this to the main part of the forum where hopefully those in NS will be able to assist.

Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:27 am
Just Joined

felaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the roughfelaheen is a jewel in the rough

Thank you.

We've already had two visits to NS and will be visiting again in October. I was hoping to get there by next summer.

Hey ho.

Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by felaheen
Thank you.

We've already had two visits to NS and will be visiting again in October. I was hoping to get there by next summer.

Hey ho.

What stage of your application are you at, have you applied yet or are you waiting until after October? Which consultant are you using?
Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:38 am
Just Joined

We've engaged Paul Wildy and we haven't filled in any forms yet. When we go in Oct, we'llbe meeting with Viroica Spinoza from Hants County - we've met her before.

I've been looking at the job links which were from one of your other threads - sent a couple of CVs.

Old Aug 27th 2011, 6:43 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Like most places, modern languages, mathematics and physical sciences are always needed, the less demanding subjects like language arts, humanities and social studies are awash with Canadian applicants.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Damn!

Might have to stay home while husband works then ...

<although ... "less demanding"?>
Old Aug 27th 2011, 7:52 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

i have sent you a pm
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

msocmac is an unknown quantity at this point

We are currently going through the CIS process and saw you mentioned Viorica Sporea (not Spinoza) who was so helpful in our application that we did not need to use an immigration consultant which can be costly - just wanted to let you know that it is pretty straightforward to get all the documentation up together with her help and she is always at the end of a phone or e-mail to answer any questions and really knows her stuff. Hope you have a good trip and get your application under way as soon as possible. We found the NSNP part of the application (submitted in Halifax) was completed in less than 8 weeks now we are just waiting it out for the CIC to get to our PR application!
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi and thanks for this - we already signed up with a representative [I was doing research about Paul Wildy and found this forum] - so it's too late now. But thank you for replying and good luck with your move.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 10:19 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by felaheen
Hi and thanks for this - we already signed up with a representative [I was doing research about Paul Wildy and found this forum] - so it's too late now. But thank you for replying and good luck with your move.
Paul Wildy is really good,if you were planning on using a consultant anyway, you couldnt have chosen better