Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Selling House in NS - Suggestions?

Selling House in NS - Suggestions?

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Selling House in NS - Suggestions?

Hi there, we are trying to sell our house in Windsor, Nova Scotia.

We do not really want to go through a real estate agent given the associated costs.

I am advertizing on Kijiji - are there any other internet site suggestions for advertizing?

thanks for your help

Sam
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling House in NS - Suggestions?

Originally Posted by Sammypeeps
Hi there, we are trying to sell our house in Windsor, Nova Scotia.

We do not really want to go through a real estate agent given the associated costs.

I am advertizing on Kijiji - are there any other internet site suggestions for advertizing?

thanks for your help

Sam

propertyguys.com
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

emily_x is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not free but have a look at http://comfree.com/
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
propertyguys.com
I'll second that
Old Aug 24th 2011, 1:56 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by in the woods
I'll second that
And that's who I would suggest too, they've only just come to Alberta in the last year or so, their signs are everywhere!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

Post the house on BE of nova scotia on facebook.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:43 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt hurt to try, and I wish you luck, but your best bet is to use a realtor, really. It costs, but that's life, it will sell and you wont have to second guess market values.

In my area every single house Ive seen with a property guys board eventually sold after they retained a realtor.

I suspect MLS is a big part of that, its where buyers look now. I did read somewhere about a new flat rate budget realtor service that had (or would have) MLS access, but dont recall the details, might have to google it... Typically the few houses round me that are selling are the ones who hired the one or two agents who are known to know this area. Its a tough market at the moment where I am.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 25th 2011 at 7:49 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Sammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of lightSammypeeps is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice. Decided to bite the bullet and sign up with a realtor!
Old Aug 28th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Al the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really nice

Iaink,

You are correct, there are agents that offer "mere postings" to the MLS system. For a flat fee ( a couple hundred dollars), sellers can post their property on MLS. They also typically offer an a la carte service so if the seller wants more services, additional fees will be charged. It is my understanding that these fees are paid upfront regardless if the home sells or not.