Nova Scotia

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nova Scotia

wow thanks westjet great fare price i am so pleased as can fly from manchester and i dont have to drive all that way and 3 weeks in NS
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Hi amawill,

We too went through this as we are only half an hour or so from Manchester airport. We chose to drive to Glasgow the night before, got hotel room plus 2 weeks parking from holiday extra's (about £50), and we went straight to Halifax no bother.
And the views even from the motorway through parts of Lanarkshire are lovely

We did a two week reccie round NS, we went north from the airport to Pictou, then across to Wolfville, further accross to Annapolis Valley, down to Keji Park, down again to the south shore and Peggy's cove then across back to Halifax. It was quite a rush to fit it in to two weeks, and we missed the very west of NS. I think 3 weeks would give you plenty of time though.

One thing I would say is book your accommodation in advance, not because you will struggle with full accommodation, but if you are anything like us you will love the first place you get to and will then run out of time seeing all the rest

If you want to stay quite reasonably, bbcanada lists loads of good and reasonable bed and breakfasts.

It is a beautiful place, have a fab time, and we might see you over there

Rachel
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

amawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant futureamawill has a brilliant future

Thanks Rachel
Going to check flights from Glasgow. Your trip sounded great and i would rather spend 3 weeks in NS, getting excited will keep you posted
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Hi Amawill,

Great to see that you are interested in Nova Scotia. Especially in your line of work. Many communities are going down the Nurse Practitioner route at the moment. I know ours on the North Shore are looking into it at the moment. There is a brand new hospital being built this year in Truro.
http://www.cehha.nshealth.ca/Colches...ment/index.htm
The foundations are already in and when the weather is better they can start. It looks like it is going to be a fantastic facility for us although we have a couple of local hospitals too. http://www.cha.nshealth.ca/ourhospit...al/default.htm
http://www.cehha.nshealth.ca/Lillian%20Fraser/index.cfm

I do not like the London airports, so flying direct to and from Manchester was great, but not sure if they are still doing that. Friends fly from Glasgow much faster than flying to London. I would not like to drive from Toronto. I know much of the highway driving in New Brunswick is just trees for miles. We have had people drive from Quebec to stay at our vacation home and I think someone said they were driving down from Toronto this year. We also know people that have driven from Vancouver to here and in the summer we see many americans that have also come along way by car. We play spot the plate, that is from the furthest away with the kids.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you paradise found

the nursing links are great and loads of jobs i could do very inspiring. The original plan was manchester to toronto down to Niagara up to Montreal/Quebec onto NS then back i thought this was a bit much myself but my husband wants to see as much as can. Now i am still looking Manchester to Toronto then an internal flight to halifax with 3 weeks to spend or Glasgow to Halifax - going to work out which is most economical on this nurses hard saved pennies.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

An interesting place to stay if checking out the North Shore is in a caboose at The Train Station Inn. If we had not stayed there for my birthday we would never have seen much of the sunrise trail and found out that the water in Northumberland Strait was like bath water in the summer months. We had stayed at Pictou and then would have like many drive back towards Truro and down. Missing the high tides on the other coast too. In 3 weeks you should be able to do a good tour around. Some of my favorites further south are Lunenburg, Annapolis Royal, Peggys Cove and Halifax, but there are numerous other lovely places dotted around Nova Scotia.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

We just flew Man to Heathrow took approx 30 mins and then flew Heathrow to Halifax and had really good seats and was off the plane in 5 mins from stopping at the gate, one of the fastest departures from plane I have ever had.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:08 am
Just Joined

ks65 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a 3 week visit last year, which gave us plenty of time to tour around the province and also spend a few lazy days on the beach.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amawill
Thank you paradise found

the nursing links are great and loads of jobs i could do very inspiring. The original plan was manchester to toronto down to Niagara up to Montreal/Quebec onto NS then back i thought this was a bit much myself but my husband wants to see as much as can. Now i am still looking Manchester to Toronto then an internal flight to halifax with 3 weeks to spend or Glasgow to Halifax - going to work out which is most economical on this nurses hard saved pennies.
http://novascotia.com/en/home/default.aspx

There is a distance calculator and lots of tourist stuff on this link.