Nova Scotia

Old Mar 9th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

seamonsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Nova Scotia

I'm very surprised no-one has mentioned Nova Scotia as a suitable place for immigrants?!
It might be poor compared to the rest of Canada, but it's a truly superb place! The people are warm salt-of-the-earth types, Halifax is a very pretty, vibrant city with lots to do, and it has tonnes of lakes/beaches and forests surrounding it.

It must be a great place to bring up kids!
You couldn't really get a more livable place in my opinion.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nova Scotia

Originally posted by seamonsta
I'm very surprised no-one has mentioned Nova Scotia as a suitable place for immigrants?!
It might be poor compared to the rest of Canada, but it's a truly superb place! The people are warm salt-of-the-earth types, Halifax is a very pretty, vibrant city with lots to do, and it has tonnes of lakes/beaches and forests surrounding it.

It must be a great place to bring up kids!
You couldn't really get a more livable place in my opinion.

I live here!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a little gem of a place. Ok there are a lot of rednecks out in the boonies but theyre the ones who give it character. I live in Dartmouth just opposite Halifax harbour and it is so pictureseque considering its a capital city. As I'm sat here I can look across the town and see Halifax skyline.

In Dartmouth alone there are 35 or so lakes. We're not talking sizes of park ponds back home either!! There are beaches too on them but we're skating on them at the moment

So next time you visit Canada and cant decide which part to go to, give us a try!!!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ukjo
I live here!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a little gem of a place. Ok there are a lot of rednecks out in the boonies but theyre the ones who give it character. I live in Dartmouth just opposite Halifax harbour and it is so pictureseque considering its a capital city. As I'm sat here I can look across the town and see Halifax skyline.

In Dartmouth alone there are 35 or so lakes. We're not talking sizes of park ponds back home either!! There are beaches too on them but we're skating on them at the moment

So next time you visit Canada and cant decide which part to go to, give us a try!!!

....and in Darkness, there is the Mic Mac Mall were you can stock up on Lumberjack Shirts and Jesus Sandles!!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

....and in Darkness, there is the Mic Mac Mall were you can stock up on Lumberjack Shirts and Jesus Sandles!!

oh yeah i wear them everyday even in this coldness!!!!!!lol
Old Mar 9th 2004, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

I must say, I have very fond memories of NS! If TO doesn't work out, we'll probably move there. The skyline from Dartmouth is very impressive and the bridge across the harbour is beautiful. Such a shame that no-one really considers the Halifax area, it has a lot to offer. The people especially are lovely (even the rednecks!)

Also the pubs in Halifax are great! One of the best drinking towns I've ever visited! Have you been to the Velvet Olive? Very nice!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I must say, I have very fond memories of NS! If TO doesn't work out, we'll probably move there. The skyline from Dartmouth is very impressive and the bridge across the harbour is beautiful. Such a shame that no-one really considers the Halifax area, it has a lot to offer. The people especially are lovely (even the rednecks!)

Also the pubs in Halifax are great! One of the best drinking towns I've ever visited! Have you been to the Velvet Olive? Very nice!

Never heard of it buddy!! Have been to the old mill in dartmouth?? now theres a redneck place to go!!!lol...if youre in town be sure to drop me a line
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ukjo
Never heard of it buddy!! Have been to the old mill in dartmouth?? now theres a redneck place to go!!!lol...if youre in town be sure to drop me a line
Sure will buddy! See you aboot!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sure will buddy! See you aboot!
TooT TooT!!!!!!!!lol (just watch theodore!!!!)
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hey hey! Don't let a Nova Scotian here you call them a red neck....that term only fits Albertans! We don't wear cow boy boots here! While you are singing the praises of Halifax/ Dartmouth, don't forget about the south shore. I have lived in N.S. for 20 years and have just rencently moved to the "boonies" They are a whole different class of people but really genuine!
Yes lots of people are interested in immigrating to Nova Scotia, but we have told them to keep our little gem a secret!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:15 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Corky
Hey hey! Don't let a Nova Scotian here you call them a red neck....that term only fits Albertans! We don't wear cow boy boots here! While you are singing the praises of Halifax/ Dartmouth, don't forget about the south shore. I have lived in N.S. for 20 years and have just rencently moved to the "boonies" They are a whole different class of people but really genuine!
Yes lots of people are interested in immigrating to Nova Scotia, but we have told them to keep our little gem a secret!
Now, if you really want to make Nova Scotians angry, just tell them that you heard that unemployment insurance benefits are being pared back, plus it will be harder to qualify for them. :scared:

Disclaimer: If you have the temerity to try this, I will assume no liability for any resulting rioting.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Mar 11th 2004 at 12:21 am.