Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Not the most interesting question

Not the most interesting question

Old Oct 20th 2004, 8:47 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 26
timeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not the most interesting question

As I said, not the most interesting question but...

Lightbulbs in canada...screw fitting of bayonet? Or both?

Can somebody let me know?

Thanks

Tim
timeo is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 10:09 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Waukee, Iowa
Posts: 1,583
CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by timeo
As I said, not the most interesting question but...

Lightbulbs in canada...screw fitting of bayonet? Or both?

Can somebody let me know?

Thanks

Tim
screw fittings only
CalgaryAMC is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 10:30 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 26
timeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
screw fittings only
Thank you kindly
timeo is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:23 pm
  #4  
Glaswegian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by timeo
As I said, not the most interesting question but...
Nope, but very concise and to the point

You could have asked:
Canadian lightbulbs: Are they as good as or just different from UK lightbulbs ... are there any pitfalls I should know about when bringing my lamps over? Will I be happier if I bring a supply of UK lightbulbs over and have my new home rewired to accomodate them?

More concise questions please ... everybody give Tim massive Karma
 
Old Oct 20th 2004, 12:47 pm
  #5  
Once bemused
 
Rhodes's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,010
Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

I don't seem to be able to give karma these days. Is it because no one has given it to me to distribute it to others?
Rhodes is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 1:03 pm
  #6  
Glaswegian
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I don't seem to be able to give karma these days. Is it because no one has given it to me to distribute it to others?
Got a warm fuzzy feeling yet? I've just given you some karma.
 
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:13 pm
  #7  
Once bemused
 
Rhodes's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,010
Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

That feels great. Thank you - and to the other two who gave me some. I still can't reciprocate, though.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Got a warm fuzzy feeling yet? I've just given you some karma.
Rhodes is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:15 pm
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
flashman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,062
flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Nope, but very concise and to the point

You could have asked:
Canadian lightbulbs: Are they as good as or just different from UK lightbulbs ... are there any pitfalls I should know about when bringing my lamps over? Will I be happier if I bring a supply of UK lightbulbs over and have my new home rewired to accomodate them?

More concise questions please ... everybody give Tim massive Karma
You could have asked how many Canadians does it take to screw in a lightbulb. That would have opened a whole can of worms.
flashman is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 2:51 pm
  #9  
Moderαtor Emeritus
 
iaink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 30,760
iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by flashman
You could have asked how many Canadians does it take to screw in a lightbulb. That would have opened a whole can of worms.
Depends if they are Canadians or just PRs! Without canadian experience of inserting lightbulbs it doesnt matter how many PRs there are, the only thing getting screwed is the PRs! Of course if its a llghtbulb in Toronto you just hold it still, and the world revolving around you will do the hard work
iaink is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:19 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
flashman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,062
flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Originally Posted by iaink
Depends if they are Canadians or just PRs! Without canadian experience of inserting lightbulbs it doesnt matter how many PRs there are, the only thing getting screwed is the PRs! Of course if its a llghtbulb in Toronto you just hold it still, and the world revolving around you will do the hard work
See what I mean ;-). And that's just a start!
flashman is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 3:48 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 118
lee2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

How many British Columbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10 - one to screw in the lightbulb and 9 to share the experience.............


How many Torontonians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

2 - one to mix the drinks and one to call the electrician
lee2 is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:11 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
hawkeye's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 540
hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.
hawkeye is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:20 pm
  #13  
Moderαtor Emeritus
 
iaink's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 30,760
iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

And you say you've only been here 9 days! My, you are a fast learner

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: Twelve. Four to form a Parliamentary study committee to decide how to solve the problem, one Francophone to complain that I didn't translate this joke into French, one Native Canadian to protest that the interests of Native Canadians have been overlooked, one woman from the National Action Committee On the Status Of Women to say that women have been underrepresented in the process, one to go over the border to the Niagara Falls Factory Outlet Mall and buy a new bulb and not pay duty on it on the way back, one to actually screw it in, one to collect taxes on the whole procedure so the government can afford it, one to buy a case of Molson for everybody to drink, and one to drop the puck.
iaink is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:23 pm
  #14  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

[QUOTE=lee2]How many British Columbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10 - one to screw in the lightbulb and 9 to share the experience.............


hehehe - very good - especially sharing the experience with a little BC bud


willmore is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2004, 4:26 pm
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
flashman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,062
flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not the most interesting question

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None. Canadians don't change light bulbs, we accept them as they are.

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: None, they get an American to do it since they are so dammed proud they know how to do it.

Q :How many Canadians does it take to change a light bulb?
A: They got ELECTRICITY up there??
flashman is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.