Not exactly New Here

Wikiposts

Not exactly New Here

Old May 6th 2005, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

new_here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not exactly New Here

Folks!

Got a question for y'all GURUs here...What will you do if you are asked to provide CIC 6+ years old bona fide employment paper.

What I've...only a "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN" letter from my ex-employee who stated my position I hold and period of employment. What else CIC expect and how shall I reply my inability? Because in reality, mid-size companies do not keep old record, specially if there is a massive administration change.

Got any clue and answer for me?
Old May 6th 2005, 10:00 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not exactly New Here

Well dude,

You need to write to every named contact you have and save this evidence for CIC, to prove that you tried contacting them.

If employer (past) can't give reference, then ask them to confirm basic details (position, period of employment).

Then, check with any old contacts of yours who could verify in written letter/statement that you did work/held position etc.

Finally, any evidence from your old bank statements (if not got, get from bank and pay £/$ for this 'privelidge') to prove payments from past employers.

I assume like many of us you have black holes in the 'paper trail' of your career ? It can be sorted, just do your best efforts and document all correspondence.

Rich.
Old May 7th 2005, 2:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Well dude,

If employer (past) can't give reference, then ask them to confirm basic details (position, period of employment).

Then, check with any old contacts of yours who could verify in written letter/statement that you did work/held position etc.

Finally, any evidence from your old bank statements (if not got, get from bank and pay £/$ for this 'privelidge') to prove payments from past employers.

Rich.
Rich,

Thanx man! Basically, I've the things you mentioned (position , period of employment) and that is what I provided to CIC. I do not understand what else CIC "specifically" require now. Therefore, I do not understand what to request to those employers to provide? I've been away from those countries, I had worked , since 8+ years. It ain't easy to retrive any paper or contacts I knew.

Got lost in CIC's puzzle of immigration
Old May 7th 2005, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

mman is an unknown quantity at this point

So CIC asked for more evidence? What did they ask for? Like Rich said, in my case too, I sent paychecks, letters of contract, job descriptions, business cards anything I found in the old boxes. Maybe you erred on the side of minimalism??
Old May 7th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

mman is an unknown quantity at this point

When I applied BTW I remember Andrew Miller correctly saying to not be a minimalist in the application supporting documents and supply any evidence you have. I notarized over 200 pages in the end but it paid off as I got PR in one year and now am a full card-carrying member of the Canadian party!
Old May 8th 2005, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

I wish I have those like you MMAN! No, I do not but the only "release letter".
Alas me...cud be fired from interview bcoz of lack of "enough" supplimentary docs.
Alas me...my dream to move to Canada will be broken only bcoz of lack of auxiliary employment paper.
But I'm incapable too to provide, the company I've left 8 years before in another country.