Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Northern Irish couple driving in Alberta/ BC

Northern Irish couple driving in Alberta/ BC

Old May 23rd 2012, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northern Irish couple driving in Alberta/ BC

Originally Posted by delsol79
Hold up - I was not the one confused lol. I was saying its not a case of "technically" - it is fact. I'm 100% Northern Irish!
That's what "technically" means.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/technically

technically - according to the exact meaning; according to the facts

I'm also 100% Norn Iron.
Old May 23rd 2012, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

kmcmull1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some interesting thoughts...thank you all so much for sharing and taking the time to do so- will keep you posted on what ends up happening with the licence situation.Decisions decisions!!....
Old May 24th 2012, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Well good luck with it - I sent you a PM so let me know if you need any more help with anything.
Old May 24th 2012, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
That's what "technically" means.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/technically

technically - according to the exact meaning; according to the facts

I'm also 100% Norn Iron.

OK so my bad - lol. I was thinking of it in that specific tone which to me says "well its kinda like this"

I see your start path was similar to mine - N.Ireland - Manchester
Old May 24th 2012, 3:28 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
Seems like its easily done:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...most-countries

If you meet the criteria, can provide the ID... you're not doing nowt wrong.
I disagree. That page is information for people who have moved to BC. To get a BC license you have to give a BC address where you live. If you give a friend's address in BC when you actually live in Alberta then you are getting your license by deception.

In most jurisdictions driving on a license that does not have your current address is illegal. In BC a person only has a 10 day grace period to change their address. So, they will have a driver's license that is technically invalid because it was gained by deception and does not carry their correct address. Possibly their subsequent AB licenses will also be technically invalid.

It is not the most heinous sin in the world but if i was in the OP's situation I would not look forward to arguing my situation with a judge or insurance company.
Old May 24th 2012, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I disagree.
Actually, I agree with Jericho in that the OP would "... not be doing nowt wrong" If I understand "nowt" correctly. Double negative and all that