Reload this Page >

is this the norm (container)

is this the norm (container)

Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

chrissyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is this the norm (container)

hi all,

We are just waiting on our container we left the U.K on the 6th May and gave the go ahead for our container to be shipped. I have just recieved the following email from the company:

Currently the effects should be loaded on 12th June, shipped aboard on 19th June to arrive in Toronto 14th July.

is it normal for the container to wait over a month to be loaded? Also we are in vancouver , I cannot see any logic in it going to Toronto unless they have made yet another mistake (the company have been awful will post what they have been like once this is all over)

Before I email back wanted to know from people who have experienced this first hand is this normal, am i missing something?

Thanks,

Christie
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:37 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the norm (container)

Is it a shared container? Ours sat on the dock for 6 weeks before being loaded (we were told it would take 4 weeks for it to arrive but they didn't tell us we had to wait for other people to fill it up).
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Is it a shared container? Ours sat on the dock for 6 weeks before being loaded (we were told it would take 4 weeks for it to arrive but they didn't tell us we had to wait for other people to fill it up).
yup its a shared container , thanks that answers my question. Any ideas on why it would go to toronto?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissyb
yup its a shared container , thanks that answers my question. Any ideas on why it would go to toronto?
Perhaps the other part of the load is going there?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:53 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's quicker or more cost effective to send it there and train it to the west coast. Maybe there are no containers to share going to Vancouver?

It's a slow process but make the most of camping in your new Canadadian home while you're waiting
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
Maybe it's quicker or more cost effective to send it there and train it to the west coast. Maybe there are no containers to share going to Vancouver?

It's a slow process but make the most of camping in your new Canadadian home while you're waiting
Ok Thanks as I wasnt missing something obvious I will ask.

Havnt been camping yet! We are only on week 4 so it hasnt all settled down yet. Got our rental last week and it still doesnt look like we have moved in as theres nothing here!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:05 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

1) As a shared container the shipper has to wait to consolidate a full load for Canada before shipping so the delay is normal - but frustrating.

2) If you are on the west coast then likely it will be seafreighted to Montreal & railed from there. Toronto sounds a bit funny unless they have a partial delivery there first and then are trucking/railing on to Vancouver.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:07 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Havnt been camping yet! We are only on week 4 so it hasnt all settled down yet. Got our rental last week and it still doesnt look like we have moved in as theres nothing here!
No that's what i mean. Enjoy camping in your new home until the stuff gets there sometime in September
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
No that's what i mean. Enjoy camping in your new home until the stuff gets there sometime in September
Oh im with you! Delayed reaction! I feel more like a squatter!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

(the company have been awful will post what they have been like once this is all over.
Can you name and shame the firm? Question applies to both the Mods and Chrissyb.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:41 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

My guess is the receiving company is in Toronto. Once it gets deconsolidated in Toronto, it will be sent on its way to you.

I would ask who the receiving company is, and make contact with them, let them know you need your goods ASAP. They should contact you once they get all the paper work from the UK, but some shippers are slow at passing this on.

If you PM me the company details for the UK and Canada, I will let you know what to expect.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:45 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Ours went somewhere east 1st, then it went to Vancouver (where the dockers went on strike) then it was trucked (after the truckers had finished striking) to Red Deer, all in all it took 4 months for our stuff to arrive.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:51 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was shipped via Montreal then boated to Vancouver. (groupage) took about 10 weeks to arrive (and 13 weeks to ship it back) filling a whole container to ourselves next time
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:27 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

begs the question why dont people send the container in advance of leaving?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey
begs the question why dont people send the container in advance of leaving?
We did

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.