Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

nicest airline company between TO and UK

nicest airline company between TO and UK

Old May 4th 2015, 7:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nicest airline company between TO and UK

Originally Posted by not2old
what you are really saying at the bottom of that last long post #44 is - 'lowest fare (cheapest) is the only way to go', whether it comes in a discount fare by way of points or price?

And if you didn't have the points, you'd always fly the cheapest out of pocket cost no matter what?
Generally that's whta we do, though it depends on how much cheaper.

For example, Transat coming up $50 cheaper than AC... I'd pick AC. First on AC I can pick my seats, plus I get Aeroplan points, plus it's generally a nicer airline, plus it means flying into Heathrow instead of Gatwick. So on the balance of things, for me, AC is worth the extra $50.

However, if Transat were coming up, say, $250 cheaper... that would be a different story. $250 difference isn't worth a handful of points or even being at the marginally more convenient airport - I'd save more by flying Transat on the balance of things. Every other flight - which was 1-2 a year - was either AC or BA. Probably about 50-50 between the two.

So it depends how much of a price difference is being discussed. In 5 years of living in the UK, we only flew Transat twice - once they really were the cheapest option by quite a margin, and the second time was for our respective one-way flights as Transat is the only carrier that does one-way fares that are actually half the cost of return fares. (Plus their far superior bike-checking policy!)
Old May 5th 2015, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
Just have to point out that alcoholic drinks are free on AC too.
Not on flights within North America.
Free booze on international, though.
Old May 5th 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bgpz
Not on flights within North America.
Free booze on international, though.
True, but I suspect that's consistent for most airlines.