Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A Nice place to eat in/near Toronto

A Nice place to eat in/near Toronto

Old May 13th 2006, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Nice place to eat in/near Toronto

We have a car rented this weekend ( as a side note it is so I can get to the testing site for the first run of tests in obtaining the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Certificate and ultimately becoming a Police Officer again. So any good thoughts sent my way for tomorrow would be most welcome!!)

We are probably going to Niagara on Sunday, I have been told it's a bit like Rhyl, but you've got to go and see the falls.

Anyway my question is can anyone recommend a nice place to go on a Saturday evening within reasonable driving distance of Toronto. Either somewhere nice to eat or just for a drink. Preferably somewhere scenic and that wouldn't pull a face at us having an 18 month old with us?

We moved from Chester UK so I guess I am thinking of something like one of the little pubs you might find out in the Cheshire Countryside. I'm guessing you are all going to say that there is nothing like that around here......but you never know what people may have come across in their travels.

Thanks

Mark
Old May 13th 2006, 1:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Nice place to eat in/near Toronto

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
We have a car rented this weekend ( as a side note it is so I can get to the testing site for the first run of tests in obtaining the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Certificate and ultimately becoming a Police Officer again. So any good thoughts sent my way for tomorrow would be most welcome!!)

We are probably going to Niagara on Sunday, I have been told it's a bit like Rhyl, but you've got to go and see the falls.

Anyway my question is can anyone recommend a nice place to go on a Saturday evening within reasonable driving distance of Toronto. Either somewhere nice to eat or just for a drink. Preferably somewhere scenic and that wouldn't pull a face at us having an 18 month old with us?

We moved from Chester UK so I guess I am thinking of something like one of the little pubs you might find out in the Cheshire Countryside. I'm guessing you are all going to say that there is nothing like that around here......but you never know what people may have come across in their travels.

Thanks

Mark
La Vieille Auberge in Rockwood, near Guelph, might do the trick though it's Swiss restaurant rather than a pub.
Old May 13th 2006, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
La Vieille Auberge in Rockwood, near Guelph, might do the trick though it's Swiss restaurant rather than a pub.
Had a quick look on the web, it gets good reviews and is a distinct possible. Thanks.

Mark
Old May 14th 2006, 12:24 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
Had a quick look on the web, it gets good reviews and is a distinct possible. Thanks.

Mark
No problem. The Rockwood Conservation Area is a very nice one and they rent canoes, a good lunch and a bit of paddling isn't the worst way to spend a day.