Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

nice areas to live around regina?

nice areas to live around regina?

Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

riccosuabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nice areas to live around regina?

me and my wife had our hearts set on moving to okotoks,but after being at the emmigrate show today we are interested in regina and are currently researching places to live but dont know where the nice areas are?we dont want to be right in the city but no more than 45mins drive either,can anyone give us any ideas?we have been looking at vibank as it seems very nice

Last edited by riccosuabe; Mar 13th 2010 at 6:32 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nice areas to live around regina?

Originally Posted by riccosuabe
me and my wife had our hearts set on moving to okotoks,but after being at the emmigrate show today we are interested in regina and are currently researching places to live but dont know where the nice areas are?we dont want to be right in the city but no more than 45mins drive either,can anyone give us any ideas?we have been looking at vibank as it seems very nice
Have you visited Okotoks or Regina? If you haven't, are you seriously basing a decision to move on literature?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

you might want to do more research and I am sure there are nice bits, but regina was the crime capital of Canada a couple of years ago.

I have a good friend who was born and raised in regina, she reports that she feels much safer in Winnipeg.

edited to add: just noticed you are in Sunderland now - you will be fine in Regina
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
just noticed you are in Sunderland now - you will be fine in Regina
But will Regina?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Have you visited Okotoks or Regina? If you haven't, are you seriously basing a decision to move on literature?
yes have visited okotoks,but not sask.so regina is pretty bad then?

and hey snowshoveller it aint THAT bad in sunderland
Old Mar 13th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

is saskatoon any better or is winnipeg the nicest area in sask?its just looking like i may have more job prospects going to sask
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

I understand that saskatoon has a slightly better reputation, Winnipeg is in Manitoba not sask'.

You only need to scratch a little below the surface to find the spirit (lawlessness) of the wild west in any of the prairie cities.

I think you should spend time in some of these areas before you decide to go and live there. If things like gang crime, drug issues and vagrants bother you, you should take a look at the downtown areas after 5pm and see how you feel about it - Although I wouldnt walk!

You are right sunderland isnt that bad....
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

I understand that saskatoon has a slightly better reputation, Winnipeg is in Manitoba not sask'.

You only need to scratch a little below the surface to find the spirit (lawlessness) of the wild west in any of the prairie cities.

I think you should spend time in some of these areas before you decide to go and live there. If things like gang crime, drug issues and vagrants bother you, you should take a look at the downtown areas after 5pm and see how you feel about it - Although I wouldnt walk!

You are right sunderland isnt that bad....
haha well some parts anyway.downtown or near to downtown wont really be where well be going on a regular basis (not on a night anyway) with us having the kids and ive spent a lot of time in calgary especially downtown and ive never found it bad there and was told (maybe misinformed by the sounds of it) that calgary was waay rougher than the likes of saskatoon and regina
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

haha well some parts anyway.downtown or near to downtown wont really be where well be going on a regular basis (not on a night anyway) with us having the kids and ive spent a lot of time in calgary especially downtown and ive never found it bad there and was told (maybe misinformed by the sounds of it) that calgary was waay rougher than the likes of saskatoon and regina
Yes Calgary is not pretty after 6pm either - I'm pretty certain someone posted links to crime figures for all cities last year - might be worth a search on here if you are interested.

Clearly folks publicising places will focus on the positives, thats the benefit of these impartial discussion sites - no doubt someone will be along soon who lives in regina and has had no problems - which is obviously going to be a comfort to you.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:09 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

One issue to keep in mind is that you'll find it pretty hard to get anywhere from Regina.
It's easy to get to pretty much anywhere in N. America from Calgary, and will be relatively easy for friends/family to visit.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

is saskatoon any better or is winnipeg the nicest area in sask?its just looking like i may have more job prospects going to sask
Saskatoon is fine: it may have a high murder rate on paper, but it mostly seems to be drunks or drug dealers stabbing each other. If you live and work in any half-decent area you won't have to worry much about crime.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:00 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Saskatoon any better or is Winnipeg the nicest area in Sask? Its just looking like I may have more job prospects going to Sask.
Errrr...Winnipeg is in Manitoba.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Errrr...Winnipeg is in Manitoba.
oh do keep up at the back!

Yesterday, 2:03 pm #7
snowshoveller

Re: nice areas to live around regina?
Old Mar 14th 2010, 5:49 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

oh do keep up at the back!

Yesterday, 2:03 pm #7
snowshoveller

Re: nice areas to live around regina?
Screw you too.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:54 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

Regina is not ridden with crime like some posts would indicate. I lived in a bad area and was desperate for someone to steal my car as it was too much too fix and not worth the effort to try to sell it. Do you think any yob would help me out, NO. However for the best areas in the city I will give you this guide, Anywhere South of 13th Ave and west of Albert street is good. Also anywhere East of Albert Street and South of 23rd Ave is good, anywhere east of park street and south of Victoria Avenue is nice too. As far as towns and villages outside of the city I am not too familiar, although I like Regina beach due to the close proximity to the lake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.