Niagara Falls

Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:58 am
Just Joined

tom26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Niagara Falls

Any Brits around the Niagara Falls area?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice
Default Re: Niagara Falls

Not yet, but we plan to live in Niagara on the Lake later this year if all goes well,(selling up here etc. Been house hunting on the net,some gorgeous houses at a right price I would have thought they would be more expensive but it is probably the lack of full time jobs in the area.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

vickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the rough

Niagara on the Lake is the most beautiful place I have seen in Canada so far. I envy you going to live there! We live in Mississauga so we often visit the Niagara Falls area, and we got married there 2 years ago.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

there are definitely a few around Niagara on the Lake.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:26 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big ron
Not yet, but we plan to live in Niagara on the Lake later this year if all goes well,(selling up here etc. Been house hunting on the net,some gorgeous houses at a right price I would have thought they would be more expensive but it is probably the lack of full time jobs in the area.
The latter part of your comment might not hold up. Yes Niagara on the lake is cute, and you will notice a lot of the houses further in are big and not cheap. The wineries in the area provide employment all year round with the ice wine industry, and there is also St Catherine's close by for work
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Hi Ultrarunner
What I was meaning it is not a large place like Burlington or Mississauga which are full of industry and technology businesses employing thousand. I know there is industry in NOTL. but only on a small scale compared to the above cities.Hence more jobs more population people needing to live in these areas and the inevitable increase in prices of property.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

tom26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big ron
Niagara on the Lake is the nicest place in Southern Ontario but the job situation in Niagara region is a bit crap to be honest, minimum wage and mainly wineries. Notl tends to live as a retirement town and has people from the surrounding area come in to work the tourist industry in the summer. To be honest I believe that Canadians are not being relistic about house prices, nearly every house in my area that is put on the market is way too high, after a few months the price gets dropped and then again until it gets to its realistic price. There few high paying jobs in Niagara Region and the house prices are high. Hence young people are moving out of the area to Hamilton and Toronto. Thats why I posted as I want to meet up with some Brits to talk football and rugby but the only ones around here are retired and just want to play golf and drink wine which is great but I am young and still long for the British pub scene.
Tom
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tom 26
Presume the 26 in your title is your age if so you are a lucky man,I am of the retired fraternity but like nothing better than going to the pub a couple of nights a week talking tosh,I love a good pint and that I will miss in Canada their beer is to cold. I am not knocking them as that is what they were brought up with and I am only going to be a guest in their country of which I am very grateful.These things I took into consideration before applying for PR.but yes I will have to suss out a nice bar that sells Murpheys.Coming over in may to visit family and activate my visa,also spend some time in NOTL veiwing the housing situation,which I have done for the last couple of years.Thanks very much for your input.