Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nexus question(s)

Nexus question(s)

Old Mar 8th 2018, 7:36 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nexus question(s)

I'm aware of NEXUS and it sounds like it might be handy, as we pretty frequently travel to Buffalo.

My main question is about the application process for my 6yr old son. I'm divorced, he lives with his mother for the majority of the time, he's with me every other weekend, and whenever else we want to spend time together, there's no access restrictions of any kind.

Do I simply need a letter of consent from his mother in regards to an application for a NEXUS card, or do they also need to interview her, or require other things from her?

Thanks for any information!
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nexus question(s)

From the FAQ section

Each person who wants to participate in the NEXUS program must fill out a separate application form. There is no fee for applicants under the age of 18.

Please note that for minors, parents or legal guardians must complete and sign the application on behalf of children under the age of 18.

For non-custodial parents or guardians who apply for a minor child under the age of 18, a photocopy of all applicable legal documents showing custody rights must be included with the application. Alternatively, a notarized copy of the parent's or legal guardian's consent in writing to the enrolment of that child in the program may be included with the application.

Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a custodial parent or legal guardian at the time of final interview processing.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/faq-eng.html