Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Newcomers - support

Newcomers - support

Old Jun 9th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about
Default Newcomers - support

I have just given this info in another thread, but thought it was worth highlighting as an option for all.

When you arrive in your new area, I can recommend giving Newcomers a try (http://www.newcomersclubcanada.com/). It is an organisation for women to get together when they are new to an area. I'm sure all groups are slightly different and they will all have quite different mixes of members, but it would certainly be worth finding out if there is a group local to you and going to find out what they do. At least everyone is in the same boat as far as being new and knowing few people, and they will understand some of the challenges you are facing.

Hope this is of some use and help to someone. I have certainly found the group an invaluable support and opportunity to get out and meet new people.

Deborah

Last edited by dkvl; Jun 9th 2006 at 6:16 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gone in 30 days will become famous soon enoughGone in 30 days will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newcomers - support

Originally Posted by dkvl
I have just given this info in another thread, but thought it was worth highlighting as an option for all.

When you arrive in your new area, I can recommend giving Newcomers a try (http://www.newcomersclub.com/Canada/on.html). It is an organisation for women to get together when they are new to an area. I'm sure all groups are slightly different and they will all have quite different mixes of members, but it would certainly be worth finding out if there is a group local to you and going to find out what they do. At least everyone is in the same boat as far as being new and knowing few people, and they will understand some of the challenges you are facing.

Hope this is of some use and help to someone. I have certainly found the group an invaluable support and opportunity to get out and meet new people.

Deborah
Thanks Deborah - I did know about Newcomers but just never got round to looking into it. Will do now - As the children get the bus into school it is harder to meet people so hopefully this will help.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:19 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomers - support

Originally Posted by dkvl

When you arrive in your new area, I can recommend giving Newcomers a try (http://www.newcomersclubcanada.com/). It is an organisation for women to get together when they are new to an area. I'm sure all groups are slightly different and they will all have quite different mixes of members, but it would certainly be worth finding out if there is a group local to you and going to find out what they do. At least everyone is in the same boat as far as being new and knowing few people, and they will understand some of the challenges you are facing.

Deborah

Cheers for that may have to check this out once I get there, probably next month