Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For newcomers. Here's how to find a family doctor: College of Physicians

For newcomers. Here's how to find a family doctor: College of Physicians

Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:28 pm
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb For newcomers. Here's how to find a family doctor: College of Physicians

I just thought I would pass this along in case anyone is concerned about getting a family physician after settling in Canada, or even if you live here and should know better.

So each province has a regulatory body (and a website) called the College of Physicians, where the public can go and search a database to find a doctor accepting new patients in their city of residence. Just google College of Physicians with your province before it (ie. Ontario College of Physicians) and you can navigate through it and find the right link for a doctor search.

I'm taking care of two aging parents so I know how important it is to have accessible and portable healthcare....funny thing is a lot of Canadians aren't even aware of these sites, which is quite typical. We whine about problems that have already been traken care of it seems. Anyway, there you go!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For newcomers. Here's how to find a family doctor: College of Physicians

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
I just thought I would pass this along in case anyone is concerned about getting a family physician after settling in Canada, or even if you live here and should know better.

So each province has a regulatory body (and a website) called the College of Physicians, where the public can go and search a database to find a doctor accepting new patients in their city of residence. Just google College of Physicians with your province before it (ie. Ontario College of Physicians) and you can navigate through it and find the right link for a doctor search.

I'm taking care of two aging parents so I know how important it is to have accessible and portable healthcare....funny thing is a lot of Canadians aren't even aware of these sites, which is quite typical. We whine about problems that have already been traken care of it seems. Anyway, there you go!
It's a useful link but it won't get you a GP if there aren't any that are accepting new patients.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:03 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For newcomers. Here's how to find a family doctor: College of Physicians

Originally Posted by fledermaus
It's a useful link but it won't get you a GP if there aren't any that are accepting new patients.
What she said.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
What she said.
Play nice with the newbie guys. I always do.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:23 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Play nice with the newbie guys. I always do.
Wasnt I nice?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:26 am
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

This thread sucks...:curse:

Sorry, I'm kind of shocked that a city the size of Peterborough doesn't have any docs taking in new patients. Hopefully others will have better luck.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:28 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Wasnt I nice?
Of course you were. It was that Paul fella.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:30 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
This thread sucks...:curse:

Sorry, I'm kind of shocked that a city the size of Peterborough doesn't have any docs taking in new patients. Hopefully others will have better luck.
My area shows two Docs accepting new patients...but neither actually are!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:39 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you were. It was that Paul fella.
Oi you, snitch.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:41 am
Born again atheist

Oi you, snitch.
Sorry. Divided loyalties, don't you know?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:44 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Sorry. Divided loyalties, don't you know?
Who paid you, I want names !
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:47 am
Born again atheist

Who paid you, I want names !
It's not that exactly, but I understand (from covert back channels) that fledermaus fancies a meetup soon, so I have to watch what I say.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:49 am
Seasoned Maritimer

It's not that exactly, but I understand (from covert back channels) that fledermaus fancies a meetup soon, so I have to watch what I say.
I see.... well it's either this or American Idol.... oh who the f@$k am I kidding, I'm watching that at the same time. Kill me now.

By the way .... you dog you
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:51 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I see.... well it's either this or American Idol.... oh who the f@$k am I kidding, I'm watching that at the same time. Kill me now.

By the way .... you dog you
Don't you have some snow you could go move? he he
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:52 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Don't you have some snow you could go move? he he
Not yet.... snowing over night but only 5cm. That's even worth betting the blower out for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.