Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Newbie saying hiya!

Newbie saying hiya!

Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough
Default Newbie saying hiya!

Hi everyone!

I am a brand new member. My husband has been on here for months browsing around and getting tips. I am now getting hooked!

I am a 33yr old working mum in Reading, UK. My husband and I have 2 gorgeous girls (age 6 and almost 1). We have a dog & a cat too....

We have PNP status and are in the final throws of receiving our visas (Passports going this week, medicals etc all complete). We are due to go to Edmonton by the end of June 2008. Husband is the advance party, with me and the girls following once the house is sold.

So very excited but also very daunted by how much there is to do and organise in potentially a short space of time.

I just want to go to sleep and wake up a few months in the future when all the hard work and hassle of moving have happened!

Anyway, hope to get to chat to some of you as I do more research.

Mim x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie saying hiya!

Hi & Welcome to BE.

Once you get into your new life you'll soon forget all about the move. Not easy when it's ahead of you though.

Good luck
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:40 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

hello and welcome - Harrypottermouse is a mum of 2 from reading !!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

in the midst of moving myself, its the thought thats over whelming but once its done its done and you can relax
hang in there
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:26 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Mim_Pangers will become famous soon enoughMim_Pangers will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your welcomes!

I am ploughing through lots of posts, helps me look busy at work!! I also spent a couple of hours putting together all the checklists and to-do lists....
Old Apr 18th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

fozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant futurefozzy33 has a brilliant future

Hi Mim,

We are hoping to be going to Edmonton in October.

I am already worring about everything , so cant imagine how you are feeling.

Welcome to the forum.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:58 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome

we are also in the same boat - looking forward to the move asap - but still so much to sort out - we're kind of stagnating at the moment waiting for the next jump forward - when it happens i'll go into panic mode again
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Hi and welcome to BE.

Hope all goes well for you and your family.

Best ov luck

Sue x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

sabden tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers
Hi everyone!

I am a brand new member. My husband has been on here for months browsing around and getting tips. I am now getting hooked!

I am a 33yr old working mum in Reading, UK. My husband and I have 2 gorgeous girls (age 6 and almost 1). We have a dog & a cat too....

We have PNP status and are in the final throws of receiving our visas (Passports going this week, medicals etc all complete). We are due to go to Edmonton by the end of June 2008. Husband is the advance party, with me and the girls following once the house is sold.

So very excited but also very daunted by how much there is to do and organise in potentially a short space of time.

I just want to go to sleep and wake up a few months in the future when all the hard work and hassle of moving have happened!

Mim x
Hello. Hope everything goes smoothly for you - it's so exciting and I'm sure you wish you were all going out together but at least if you hang back to sell the house, you can move knowing all is sorted this end.

We're waiting to sell our house at the mo, landing next month but coming back until we've wrapped it up.

Good luck!!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mim_Pangers
Hi everyone!

Mim x
Hi - welcome. I've just joined BE and noticed that you're off to Edmonton with pretty similar circumstances as us. My husband will be going ahead of us probably end of May beginning of June. Me and 2 kids to follow. House is for sale at mo, so it all depends on what happens there, but hopefully we'd like to get the kids started in school there in September. Do you know where in Edmonton you're heading? We're probably going to be fairly close to where my brother lives in SW Edmonton. My husband will be staying there until he knows when we're due to arrive, and then he'll hopefully find somewhere to rent in time for us landing.
Old May 9th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Very very pleased and excited to say that we got our Visas back yesterday! Woo hoo

We have until 19th March next year!

Just need to sell the house now... Hubby goes in mid-June (don't leave me here!!) and the girls and I follow once everything tied up.

M x

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old May 9th 2008, 8:44 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, your on your way!!!
Old May 9th 2008, 10:23 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I remember it well!! Good luck
Old May 11th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Congrats We're still awaiting stuff, but hope to be out there by September so the kids can start school. We've just had an offer on our house, so that's pretty scary - we're not ready yet!!! Could be homeless at this rate. Good luck to your hubbie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.