Reload this Page >

Newbie - needs some help

Newbie - needs some help

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Junebaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie - needs some help

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while - trying to gather as much information as possible. I've recently returned from a trip to Regina with my family. We absolutely loved it and would like to attempt to immigrate there. My partner has some family there, an older sister, and five of his mother's siblings plus their families. So there are two routes we could potentially go down; the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program Family referral or the Skilled worker. Both require a job offer in a A or B matrix level ( for skilled worker also "0").
So my first question is I have tried to identify my skill classification in the NOC but I' struggling. I currently work as an IT Change Manager, I don't manage people but IT processes. So even although I have manager in my title, am I more of an IT analyst, because I do not manage people?
Secondly I applied for a role with the Saskatchewan government. I changed my CV to a resume and applied online as per the instructions. Now it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard anything, which after reading the wake seems to be the norm with email communication. Do you think I should ring and call to see what the application status is? For government jobs, would you also call to prior or after sending your Resume or just private sector?
I did search the forums to see if this has been answered already, but nothing came up. Your replies would be very much appreciated.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:43 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie - needs some help

Originally Posted by Junebaby
Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while - trying to gather as much information as possible. I've recently returned from a trip to Regina with my family. We absolutely loved it and would like to attempt to immigrate there. My partner has some family there, an older sister, and five of his mother's siblings plus their families. So there are two routes we could potentially go down; the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program Family referral or the Skilled worker. Both require a job offer in a A or B matrix level ( for skilled worker also "0").
So my first question is I have tried to identify my skill classification in the NOC but I' struggling. I currently work as an IT Change Manager, I don't manage people but IT processes. So even although I have manager in my title, am I more of an IT analyst, because I do not manage people?
Secondly I applied for a role with the Saskatchewan government. I changed my CV to a resume and applied online as per the instructions. Now it's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard anything, which after reading the wake seems to be the norm with email communication. Do you think I should ring and call to see what the application status is? For government jobs, would you also call to prior or after sending your Resume or just private sector?
I did search the forums to see if this has been answered already, but nothing came up. Your replies would be very much appreciated.
For a govt job you would already have to be a PR or a Canadian citizen unless they were specifically recruiting overseas. Phoning won't really help, if they are interested they would get in touch. It can take many weeks if at all. Employers generally don't like phone calls. Keep sending out resumes and hopefully you will get lucky. Be clear in the cover letter of your status in Canada, you need a job offer for immigration or an employer willing to try for a LMO.

Last edited by Aviator; Sep 3rd 2013 at 1:45 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE!

I believe that your NOC could be 2171 - Information Analysts and Consultants.

You can read more about it here and double check the job description: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1=2171&val65=*

This would come under NOC classification 'A'

There are 32 jobs in Saskatchewan in this field - mostly in Regina area.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/rep...rce=3#job_opps

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
For a govt job you would already have to be a PR or a Canadian citizen unless they were specifically recruiting overseas. Phoning won't really help, if they are interested they would get in touch. It can take many weeks if at all. Employers generally don't like phone calls. Keep sending out resumes and hopefully you will get lucky. Be clear in the cover letter of your status in Canada, you need a job offer for immigration or an employer willing to try for a LMO.
Thanks Aviator, I think the role was open to everyone because it did state the following "Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? (If not, please indicate in your cover letter how you may be eligible under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program". Possibly because its local government? I think exactly like you that by calling them I'm bothering them, but a lot of the advice talks about picking up the phone and making contact. I'll just exercise patience and continue sending out resumes.
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hi and welcome to BE!

I believe that your NOC could be 2171 - Information Analysts and Consultants.

You can read more about it here and double check the job description: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1=2171&val65=*

This would come under NOC classification 'A'

There are 32 jobs in Saskatchewan in this field - mostly in Regina area.

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/rep...rce=3#job_opps

Thanks for the welcome Siouxie! And the matrix level, now i know for certain I'm eligible!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Siouxie I sent you a message also but it's being moderated....I didn't say anything bad, promise!
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 6:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Junebaby
Siouxie I sent you a message also but it's being moderated....I didn't say anything bad, promise!
You are welcome!

All newcomers that have posts with links in are moderated to reduce the likelihood of spam, you didn't do anything wrong, lol.