Old Jun 25th 2007, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

stephaniegeorgia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie

Hi all

Am a newbie to this site. Have just been asked today by husbands co. if we would like to relocate to Toronto (it has been on the cards for a while) so it wasn't a total shock. Two years ago they asked, but i said no as the timing wasn't right. We both felt that we had missed an opportunity so we have now said yes.

So it seems this will be the start of our new adventure with our 2 girls one age 3 the other 14months.

I am sure I will be asking many questions over the coming months.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:14 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Welcome to the forum, stephaniegeorgia.

All the best with your move.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephaniegeorgia
Hi all

Am a newbie to this site. Have just been asked today by husbands co. if we would like to relocate to Toronto (it has been on the cards for a while) so it wasn't a total shock. Two years ago they asked, but i said no as the timing wasn't right. We both felt that we had missed an opportunity so we have now said yes.

So it seems this will be the start of our new adventure with our 2 girls one age 3 the other 14months.

Hi Stephaniegeorgia

Welcome to BE and good luck with your new adventure.
You'll find great info in the WIKKI and also by using the search forum facility, and then of course there's our fellow posters, knowledgable, experienced and in many cases quite loony tunes - but always helpful and supportive.
We too are awaiting a possible transfer or WP to be sorted out?!?!
Enjoy.

Rob.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:52 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

HI and welcome.
We are also off to ontario, but fingers crossed into a smaller village area.
Toronto is a large place and very busy!!

Hope that you enjoy the journey, its fun

gill
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:55 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

hi and good luck
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:21 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephaniegeorgia
Hi all

Hi there,
we made the move last summer - I was transferred within my company to Toronto, we moved with our son (then just turned 3) and heavily pregnant wife (daughter was born here last October). I work in downtown Toronto but we live in Oakville, about a half hour train ride out of town. If you read the forum you'll find a lot of fairly barbed comments about most of Toronto's suburbs (Oakville, for example, is often compared to Milton Keynes without the charm) but for those of us with young families who have moved from London or thereabouts, it's a refreshing change to have so much space around! Do fire away with any questions about the move, work permits, what to do with the kids, where to live, etc etc: you'll probably get a whole load of conflicting views and opinions but the right answer will be in there somewhere!

As others have suggested, the Wiki is an excellent resource too - both in the info in the articles and some of the links provided.