Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Reccie Trip For The Maritimes

New Reccie Trip For The Maritimes

Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Reccie Trip For The Maritimes

How about Lumby?

http://www.lumby.ca/
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:15 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Pagoda Inn Restaurant on Vernon Street.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Must be nice to be able to roam around Canada trying to find the ideal home/job. Those orientals he finds so discomforting tend to go out get a job as soon as possible (not necessarily in their field), and start to build a new life for their family (they come here for the kids too!) Many of my colleagues at the Calgary Board of Education are newcomers from the Far East, and are taking all the courses offered to help them build a new career here (half of my management/supervisory class is from China). But I guess that the OP is too self-important to even consider taking a lowly position, first to earn some money to pay bills, and secondly to finance his search for that "top-job" he so craves (and believes he deserves). Perhaps we will later hear that the OP is running short of money and needs to return to the UK: a "great loss" to the Canadian corporate world NOT!
Old Apr 14th 2011, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Canadian_Bacon_Boy was enlightened when I read his initial posts before he arrived. How wrong was I?

It still astounds me how many people from England move to Canada with the assumption that an English lifestyle can be duplicated in Canada. Something so quintessentially English, like village life - Cotswolds village life, no less - can never be replicated in Canada, or heck, anywhere in North America. If you're seeking England in Canada, you're never going to be happy. My $0.02