Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore

New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:11 pm
especially the mint one

club_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really nice
Default Re: New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do you think somewhere in a parallel website there's a former Canadian relentlessly posting from Sunderland or Bradford about the fabulous scenary and bargain basement properties?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:45 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

After a mountain of work (more of a hill really)and a terrifying (fairly easy)exam, I made it!! - and am now a Licensed Realtor! Congratulations but i will be very interested in your progress over the next 12 months. I tried, and don't mind admitting, i failed as a Realtor here in the more desirable Annapolis Valley so i wish you all the best of luck...............you will need it on the North Shore

I am covering the warm and lovely North Shore working for a very well known company.

Buying is different here!

Last edited by andy_sheila; Apr 8th 2008 at 8:56 pm.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Did I hear someone say "Where is the North Shore?"!!!! You'd better hurry up and find out! Sea as warm as the Caribbean, sun as hot as Madrid, air as fresh as everest, water as pure as melted snow from the swiss alps, people as friendly as the South Pacific islanders..... I can feel a poem coming on...........
With bull like that I am sure you will succeed as a realtor
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:51 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
With bull like that I am sure you will succeed as a realtor
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a 150 year old house, with well, septic, furnace, sump pump, rock foundation, leaky basement and all that goes with it so I should be able to steer people safely through lots of issues that are unusual and different.

Did I hear someone say "Where is the North Shore?"!!!! You'd better hurry up and find out! Sea as warm as the Caribbean, sun as hot as Madrid, air as fresh as everest, water as pure as melted snow from the swiss alps, people as friendly as the South Pacific islanders..... I can feel a poem coming on...........
Having read your contributions on related threads, I looked at this one.

I hope you are saving up for bankruptcy. You'll never sell an ice cream cone.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:19 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I am more in agreement with Novo (though I dont think I would have worded it quite as harshly) than Almost Canadian on this one. The ability to talk BS is almost certainly likely to lead to failure rather than success in the real estate business if you ask me.

I dont know much about real estate but I've been in sales a long time and I can tell you that credibility is paramount. It really is the invisible ingredient that makes the difference between winning someone's business or not. The moment people question your credibility/integrity there is a lack of trust and if people dont trust you they wont do business with you (especially here in NS).

So the comments about the water being as warm as the Caribbean would ring alarm bells for me! Ontheboatout - if thats really true I challenge you right now to put your speedo's on and plunge yourself into the Northumberland straight and swim around for 20 minutes. Get someone to take photos and post them up on the forum. If you can do that I'm sure all credibility will be restored!

Otherwise, I would offer this advice to you as I genuinely wouldnt want to see anyone fail (and I recall your previous profession was as a microbiologist so selling is probably all fairly new to you)...
- focus more on selling yourself than promoting the region - work on building credibility and trust. Focus on being a trusted advisor to people. The property masterclass series were actually really good and the only problem with them was that you weren't up-front with people about your motives for posting them.
- it actually helps to criticize yourself or your region just a little bit sometimes (and the North Shore cant be perfect in every respect) because it helps to build trust
- don't appear too keen (either to win peoples business or to promote your region) - it arouses suspicion. You really need to tone it down a bit. I know you probably need to make a living sooner rather than later but acting like you need the business rather than just wanting the business is never a good idea.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:40 pm
Dismember

scrubbedexpat074 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NSpaul
So the comments about the water being as warm as the Caribbean would ring alarm bells for me! Ontheboatout - if thats really true I challenge you right now to put your speedo's on and plunge yourself into the Northumberland straight and swim around for 20 minutes. Get someone to take photos and post them up on the forum. If you can do that I'm sure all credibility will be restored!
So, I was up on the North Shore at the weekend... I blinked and missed Tatamagouche, likewise Malagash, it was beautiful, but there was just nothing there to speak of.

I've attached a few piccies of the waters up there "right now", I think dry suit rather speedos are the order of the day. I'll balance this by saying the water is warmer in the summer than anywhere north of Virginia and is very pleasant to swim in.
Attached Thumbnails New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore-p1000386-40%25.jpg   New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore-p1000415-40%25.jpg   New Realtor on Nova Scotia's North Shore-p1000385-40%25.jpg  
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:44 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

I can feel myself shrinking even at the thought of swimming in there
Old Apr 9th 2008, 12:45 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

After a mountain of work and a terrifying exam, I made it!! - and am now a Licensed Realtor!

I am covering the warm and lovely North Shore working for a very well known company.

Buying is different here!

All I can say is, I hope you treat your clients with more courtesy than you have shown of late.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSpaul
I have to say I am more in agreement with Novo (though I dont think I would have worded it quite as harshly) than Almost Canadian on this one. The ability to talk BS is almost certainly likely to lead to failure rather than success in the real estate business if you ask me.

I dont know much about real estate but I've been in sales a long time and I can tell you that credibility is paramount. It really is the invisible ingredient that makes the difference between winning someone's business or not. The moment people question your credibility/integrity there is a lack of trust and if people dont trust you they wont do business with you (especially here in NS).

Otherwise, I would offer this advice to you as I genuinely wouldnt want to see anyone fail (and I recall your previous profession was as a microbiologist so selling is probably all fairly new to you)...
- focus more on selling yourself than promoting the region - work on building credibility and trust. Focus on being a trusted advisor to people. The property masterclass series were actually really good and the only problem with them was that you weren't up-front with people about your motives for posting them.
- it actually helps to criticize yourself or your region just a little bit sometimes (and the North Shore cant be perfect in every respect) because it helps to build trust
- don't appear too keen (either to win peoples business or to promote your region) - it arouses suspicion. You really need to tone it down a bit. I know you probably need to make a living sooner rather than later but acting like you need the business rather than just wanting the business is never a good idea.
such a good post credability is SOOOO important - If I don't know the answer to something I tell he person i'll find out. If I think theres something wrong with a house even if my clients love it - I tell them that XYZ could be an issue. At the end of the day you'll have satisfied clients and MORE business.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ziggy8080
So, I was up on the North Shore at the weekend... I blinked and missed Tatamagouche, likewise Malagash, it was beautiful, but there was just nothing there to speak of.

I've attached a few piccies of the waters up there "right now", I think dry suit rather speedos are the order of the day. I'll balance this by saying the water is warmer in the summer than anywhere north of Virginia and is very pleasant to swim in.
So you think I should let someone get away with this which is so blantantly untrue? And yes, the water is as warm as a bathwater.

You should have called ahead then I could have taken you to the Farmers Market to buy some fresh home-made bread, organic meats or local crafts, then around to the Train Station Inn for breakfast in a carriage, followed by a horse-riding on Brule, then to watch a hockey match, then lunch with eclectic dining at Sunrise Mercantile, and off to Jost Vineyards for wine tasting with maybe a visit to the Malagash Mine for a pancake brunch. After, time for a massage and reiki treatments, then we could have headed off to Thyme and Place to buy a souvenir before returning to the Chowder House for fresh scallops. Oh yes, I forgot the art gallery and Creamery Square. Then live music at the Shell Station and on to Big Al's Arcadian bar at night for a few jars of old england. Of course, in the Summer there are more things happening. No, nothing to do here except admire the unbelievable beauty and magic of it all...................which you did. Thanks for passing.

The roads are bad......that's about it really.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really nice

So you think I should let someone get away with this which is so blantantly untrue? And yes, the water is as warm as a bathwater.

You should have called ahead then I could have taken you to the Farmers Market to buy some fresh home-made bread, organic meats or local crafts, then around to the Train Station Inn for breakfast in a carriage, followed by a horse-riding on Brule, then to watch a hockey match, then lunch with eclectic dining at Sunrise Mercantile, and off to Jost Vineyards for wine tasting with maybe a visit to the Malagash Mine for a pancake brunch. After, time for a massage and reiki treatments, then we could have headed off to Thyme and Place to buy a souvenir before returning to the Chowder House for fresh scallops. Oh yes, I forgot the art gallery and Creamery Square. Then live music at the Shell Station and on to Big Al's Arcadian bar at night for a few jars of old england. Of course, in the Summer there are more things happening. No, nothing to do here except admire the unbelievable beauty and magic of it all...................which you did. Thanks for passing.

The roads are bad......that's about it really.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumberland_Strait

That'll say 25C then.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

By comparison, Wikipedia says 21c for the North Sea and you wouldn't catch me in that
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Whatever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.