Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to Okotoks soon - need new friends!

New to Okotoks soon - need new friends!

Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of
Smile New to Okotoks soon - need new friends!

Hi
We are a family of 4 heading to Okotoks AB in early November. We hope to settle in the Crystal Shores/Drake Landing area, but may also consider Cimarron.
If there's anyone else heading that way soon or already there who would like to be our friends and would like to share experiences, or offer good advice then we'd love to hear from you!

The Stophers
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice
Default Re: New to Okotoks soon - need new friends!

hi we moved to okotoks from the uk in july we have 2 children a boy who is 13 and a girl who is 9.we are renting in cimarron at the mo,kids have just started school and both seem to be fine so far,if you want to meet up or need any advice please email me,i m new to this so don't know how much i can help but i will try
Good luck with the move
Jami x
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

smid.n.snails is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamie677
hi we moved to okotoks from the uk in july we have 2 children a boy who is 13 and a girl who is 9.we are renting in cimarron at the mo,kids have just started school and both seem to be fine so far,if you want to meet up or need any advice please email me,i m new to this so don't know how much i can help but i will try
Good luck with the move
Jami x

Hi Jamie, how did your 13 year old manage with the move?? I have a 12 year old girl and want to find out as many of the up and downs the kids experienced prior to and upon landing in Canada. It's really important that i get info that could affect / benefit each member of my family.

thanks Mark

Last edited by smid.n.snails; Sep 24th 2008 at 8:46 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi The Stophers - You'll find plenty of friendly faces around Okotoks - Brit and otherwise - and you're more than welcome here at ours (Crystal Shores area).

Jamie - It's Eamonn here - still hope to catch up with your hubby at some point but it has been a hectic spell recently. Will drop you another PM when the dust settles. Hope your son is beginning to settle better now.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi The Stophers - You'll find plenty of friendly faces around Okotoks - Brit and otherwise - and you're more than welcome here at ours (Crystal Shores area).

Jamie - It's Eamonn here - still hope to catch up with your hubby at some point but it has been a hectic spell recently. Will drop you another PM when the dust settles. Hope your son is beginning to settle better now.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Stophers, just be 'warned' Eamonn serves non timmies Coffee

<butch runs for cover>

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Sep 24th 2008 at 9:33 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Stophers, just be 'warned' Eamonn serves none timmies Coffee

<butch runs for cover>
Cheek! It's true though...I like their bakery and I can enjoy a Timmies Hot Chocolate on a cold winter's day but their coffee does nowt for me...(as the CIC bang on Eamonn's front door demanding the return of his PR card!) Mind you, Jan always tells me I have neanderthal taste buds so what do I know!

Eamonn (funnily enough, just taking the first sip of a mug of non-Timmies coffee!)
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheek! It's true though...I like their bakery and I can enjoy a Timmies Hot Chocolate on a cold winter's day but their coffee does nowt for me...(as the CIC bang on Eamonn's front door demanding the return of his PR card!) Mind you, Jan always tells me I have neanderthal taste buds so what do I know!

Eamonn (funnily enough, just taking the first sip of a mug of non-Timmies coffee!)
Then again mate your conversation more than makes up for it
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:37 pm
Banned

Seriously mate you gonna be in Town early next month? We could grab an ale before the event starts
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seriously mate you gonna be in Town early next month? We could grab an ale before the event starts
We'll see how it shapes up. I've got my final exam until 4pm that day, then got to pick Jan up and we've got to ensure her parents are sorted for the evening (they are with us now and until the 12th, one day after our first canniversary!). All being well, I'll be in a celebratory mood though!

Eamonn.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jamie677
Good luck with the move
Jami x
Hi guys.
Thanks for the reply. Our kids are 10 and 7. We could probably do with picking your brains about elementary schools. We loved Dr Morris Gibson when we came out on a reccie but don't know so much about the others. It is a consideration when choosing where exactly we want to live so we could do with some advice. We'll be renting in Drake Landing to begin with, but want to buy as quick as we can. Which school is your youngest at?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stophers, just be 'warned' Eamonn serves non timmies Coffee

<butch runs for cover>
what?????? surely this is grounds for deportation! We are big Timmies fans - in fact it is always top of the list of emigration reasons. Hmmm might have to bring our own!!!

By the way Janet and Eam - we've found your blog brilliant. It's been a really good way to show the kids what they've got to look forward to. Loving your work!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snoopster
what?????? surely this is grounds for deportation! We are big Timmies fans - in fact it is always top of the list of emigration reasons. Hmmm might have to bring our own!!!

By the way Janet and Eam - we've found your blog brilliant. It's been a really good way to show the kids what they've got to look forward to. Loving your work!
Guilty as charged - I'll get me coat!...

Glad you like the blog...loads of new stuff on there in last couple of days...one more thing to post and I'm up to date again - for another few days!

E(&J).
Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

Originally Posted by smid.n.snails
Hi Jamie, how did your 13 year old manage with the move?? I have a 12 year old girl and want to find out as many of the up and downs the kids experienced prior to and upon landing in Canada. It's really important that i get info that could affect / benefit each member of my family.

thanks Mark
Hi its been the hardest for my 13 year old i think,he had lots of friends back home who he had been in school with from the age of 4,he really misses them,he is getting use to it out her now but is still very homesick.
he has started a new school and is a bit happy there because they paired him up with someone and they didnt do that in his old school.
he was fine before we came it hit him about 4 weeks after being here,its a hard age for them.
good luck with everything ,i m sure your daughter will be fine ,my daughter loves it here,may be its a girl thing
jamie
Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

simeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant futuresimeongb has a brilliant future

sadcasiy
shame yours don`t

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.