Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New Member...Moving to Toronto on July11th

New Member...Moving to Toronto on July11th

Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

GillR has a spectacular aura aboutGillR has a spectacular aura aboutGillR has a spectacular aura about
Default New Member...Moving to Toronto on July11th

Hi...only just recently discovered this site and already hooked...so many Q's and hopefully advice on moving to Toronto. We are flying on July 11th and have rented a house in Oakville - seems like a lot of Brits head there too! We have two young kids - 4 and 5 and a dog! Husband has company transfer and going over on work permit for initially two years...so see how it goes...any advice and links would be most welcome as I'm begining to panic now...
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice
Smile Re: New Member...Moving to Toronto on July11th

Originally Posted by GillR
Hi...only just recently discovered this site and already hooked...so many Q's and hopefully advice on moving to Toronto. We are flying on July 11th and have rented a house in Oakville - seems like a lot of Brits head there too! We have two young kids - 4 and 5 and a dog! Husband has company transfer and going over on work permit for initially two years...so see how it goes...any advice and links would be most welcome as I'm begining to panic now...
Oakville is beautiful, especially downtown in the evenings, you will love it. Where are you moving, North or South?

What type of links are you looking for?, houses, cars, schools,

Houses: www.mls.ca
Schools. you will be looking at Halton Public School Board, or if you are planning on sending the kids to catholic school, it would be Halton separate school board. I cannot remember the exact web site, however if you search under "The region of Halton, Ontario" you will find links to all public sector organizations in that region.

Good luck with your move
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

ramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really niceramac is just really nice
Default Re: New Member...Moving to Toronto on July11th

Ok, just had to get the right website address www.region.halton.on.ca.

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

One more, you might already have this:

www.oakville.ca
Old Jun 24th 2005, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

GillR has a spectacular aura aboutGillR has a spectacular aura aboutGillR has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ramac
Oakville is beautiful, especially downtown in the evenings, you will love it. Where are you moving, North or South?

What type of links are you looking for?, houses, cars, schools,

Houses: www.mls.ca
Schools. you will be looking at Halton Public School Board, or if you are planning on sending the kids to catholic school, it would be Halton separate school board. I cannot remember the exact web site, however if you search under "The region of Halton, Ontario" you will find links to all public sector organizations in that region.

Good luck with your move
THANKS....WE HAVE RENTED A HOUSE IN RIVER OAKS? AND HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO CONTACT THE LOCAL SCHOOL - POSTS CORNER? WHO HAVE SPACES FOR THE KIDS....WE WILL RENT FOR A WHILE AND THEN BUY LATER..GOOD TO HEAR ITS NICE THERE...
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ramac
One more, you might already have this:

www.oakville.ca
YES THANKS - ANYTHING ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT OAKVILLE? I hear there is a large ex pat community??? My husband is Welsh....but we don't hold it against him!!
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

YES THANKS - ANYTHING ELSE TO KNOW ABOUT OAKVILLE? I hear there is a large ex pat community??? My husband is Welsh....but we don't hold it against him!!
We are in Burlington, just next door. There are lots of expats around, which I think sometimes makes it a lot easier to settle, well for me anyway.

I don't feel like so much of a foreigner here.

Sonia
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Jim91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another resource is the Oakville Directory - Oakville apartments and houses for rent