Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New link for British TV

New link for British TV

Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New link for British TV

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm on 'Extreme Plus'. Man, I'm on the edge.
Checked this afternoon - I'm on 10 mbps down and 1 up hard wiring the house wont help much
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Could you let me know what ones are not working for you and i will see what codecs you need - I take it all the vlc ones are working ?
basically all the top ones don't work bbc 1, 2 etc how do you open it with vlc media player?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Should open automatically - Have you downloaded vlc at all lately - the codecs should come with the download if you dont have them

you can download it from here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ - its only a 18mb file - run it and it should give you the codecs needed

Let me know if that doesent work and i will dig a bit deeper
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
basically all the top ones don't work bbc 1, 2 etc how do you open it with vlc media player?
actually it says the plug in is not installed not the codec
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

actually it says the plug in is not installed not the codec
works on IE and not chrome for the top channels
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

works on IE and not chrome for the top channels
works on firefox as well - are you good to go now ?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

works on firefox as well - are you good to go now ?
yeah although how do i get it to open in vlc media player cause it just opens in a window in IE
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Dont you like the ie window ? What problems are you having with that
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Dont you like the ie window ? What problems are you having with that
oh none I was just curious as to how you would open it in VLC media player thats all
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

I dont think there is an option to choose your opening parameters - sorry
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:00 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Checked this afternoon - I'm on 10 mbps down and 1 up hard wiring the house wont help much
Ahh, Your speedtest results make sense then. Might be worth upgrading your package? As well as faster speeds you get greater download limits.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Going to plug along with what I have until my freebie finishes in May then play Aliant and Rogers off each other for the better deal
Old Nov 26th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Luckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud ofLuckyone has much to be proud of

Regards the 'slow' picture issue. I've been on Aliant High Speed for some time (not sure they should be allowed to call it that) and the slow picture has been pretty bad of late. Yesterday I changed to the Eastlink 30 wireless expecting it to be so much better. Well the internet itself is much better, but despite having a much better internet speed there are occasions when the pictire on the FB Host VLC site still slows up - just the same as before. This is not a constant, but does still happen, but it's early days yet.

I have a couple of other routes available to get me onto the UK sites and I find that if I change to another route the issue goes away. I expect the problem is 'their' end (ie FB Host)rather than anything to do with your internet? At least that is what it looks like having tried 2 different IP's.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 12:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no techie but I'm puzzled when so many people complain of download limits preventing them doing what they want to do.

Just what are people doing that this is a problem?

I'm not being rude, I genuinely don't know.

We have Aliant High Speed and I occasionally watch UK TV and football streams on those occasions when the game I want isn't on TV. I've been watching cricket over the last two evenings via Veetle and my wife downloads movies easily enough.

Our computers (especially mine) are a long way from being good ones.

So what are others doing that download limits and speeds aren't good enough?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Personally - I usually have a least one of the computers downloading torrent movies in the house and both are generally uploading to keep the ratios good.

In addition to that I watch a lot of the streamed games possibly as much as 5 or 6 a week plus any other streams of interest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.