Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

A new life on the road?

A new life on the road?

Old May 15th 2011, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

tel_english is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A new life on the road?

I am a lorry driver who has recently started contact with a company in NB with regards to moving myself and my family into Canada. The company's name is Elite Driver Training Services, based in Woodstock.

I was wondering if anybody has already made a successful move through this firm or has any information that they could share about Elite or partnering companies.

I know all the usual stuff re Redo my license, pay on wheels turning etc, but anything else you think I might need to know would be most helpful.
Old May 15th 2011, 2:35 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A new life on the road?

Let me be the first to welcome you to the madhouse known as BE.

As this is you very first post I'm sure you are unaware that there is a trucking forum as part of the site.

Your question likely has a much better chance of being answered there.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Cheers
Steve
Old May 15th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I'll move it in there. Link below-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...50#post9365550

Last edited by tel_english; May 15th 2011 at 2:49 pm.
Old May 15th 2011, 2:57 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Elite Driver Training Services, based in Woodstock

I have a cousin who lives in Woodstock and is a Truck Driver. I will ask him if they used this company, or if he knows of them for you.
Old May 15th 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Elite Driver Training Services, based in Woodstock

I have a cousin who lives in Woodstock and is a Truck Driver. I will ask him if they used this company, or if he knows of them for you.
Thanks. Would be a big help. Their address on on route 555
Old May 16th 2011, 3:00 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, i now know there are two Woodstock's in Canada.

Bring on the Citizen test now before i go get my coat....LOL

We, and our cousin's, know nothing of the Woodstock in NB. Or the company you applied at, sowry.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

jenlee08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my OH came over via Elite Trucking in Woodstock, NB. OH been here since 28th March, myself and our son came over 6th May. A warning, he is very nice on the phone but as soon as he has his money he's not too bothered about helping you out! On the other hand things are alot better over here. If you decide to make the jump it might be worth talking to a few English drivers over here as they will beable to give you more helpful info.