New Here

Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:19 pm
Banned

BorisTheMorris is on a distinguished road
Default New Here

Hi.

Just joined and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of the best place in Canada to find work.

Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:36 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Here

Originally Posted by BorisTheMorris

Hi.

Just joined and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of the best place in Canada to find work.

Thanks

What work, and with what qualifications?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:40 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE

If I was you I would start by looking at the Wiki, here's a link http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada

Cassie
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BorrisTheMorris,

Welcome to BE. The advice from Cassie above is good...the WIKI will help you a lot.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi BorrisTheMorris,

Welcome to BE. The advice from Cassie above is good...the WIKI will help you a lot.

Eamonn & Janet.
welcome to BE, i suggest you start here http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Canada Also be a bit specific on what jobs, qualification etc.. Canada is big so things like where you want to be and things like that.

good luck
Old Sep 9th 2008, 4:44 pm
Banned

Thanks for the replies so far.
That wiki looks wicked (excuse the pun).

I've had a look though and cant find anything relating to my main (highest) qualification. I have a degree in Forensic Psychology.

I was hoping to find somewhere close to a beach and the mountains. With less rainfall than the UK and easy access to an a large international airport. I had looked at Vancouver but heard that they had a massive drug problem and that housing was VERY expensive, plus apparently it rains all year???
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:14 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping to find somewhere close to a beach and the mountains. With less rainfall than the UK and easy access to an a large international airport.
Vancouver comes closest. There's more rainfall outside of the summer season than the UK experiences, but you can expect a more reliable, warmer summer in Vancouver.

I had looked at Vancouver but heard that they had a massive drug problem and that housing was VERY expensive...
The drug problem's unlikely to be better/worse than you'll encounter in any other major city. You're correct housing is expensive in Canadian terms, though not in UK (south east) terms.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:54 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Hi & welcome to BE
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by R I C H
Vancouver comes closest. There's more rainfall outside of the summer season than the UK experiences, but you can expect a more reliable, warmer summer in Vancouver.

The drug problem's unlikely to be better/worse than you'll encounter in any other major city. You're correct housing is expensive in Canadian terms, though not in UK (south east) terms.
Thanks Rich, so where would i find less rain?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:19 pm
Pea Brain

Thanks Rich, so where would i find less rain?
Drive 3 to 4 hrs east of Vancouver - you'll give up the coast and have to trade for lakes instead. Lack of, rather than an excess of rain is the issue here. Summers are 35+ degrees. Plenty of mountains too. You'll need either drive or catch internal flights for international travel.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:22 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by R I C H
Drive 3 to 4 hrs east of Vancouver - you'll give up the coast and have to trade for lakes instead. Lack of, rather than an excess of rain is the issue here. Summers are 35+ degrees. Plenty of mountains too. You'll need either drive or catch internal flights for international travel.
So how big are the lakes? What would be the closest ski resort?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:23 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you do a bit of research yourself??
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Why dont you do a bit of research yourself??
I thoiught thats what I was doing.
But thanks for your advice, I'll file it away
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:29 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I thoiught thats what I was doing.
But thanks for your advice, I'll file it away
Hey 'Buddy' your more than welcome, my advice is always available to people like you
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:33 pm
Pea Brain

The Shuswap lakes which are 30 mins drive away from me are 310 km2 in size, with 1430kms of shore line.

Sun Peaks ski resort (2nd largest in BC) is 45 mins drive away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.