Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: New to British Expats been in NS nearly 2 years

Originally Posted by lynpy
Hi Nova Girl
Just to say glad to hear you're on the mend! It sounds like you've had a hard time. Actually I was ill when I moved to France a few years ago and so I know how difficult it can be moving somewhere new and having kids etc, and I wasn't even seriously ill!

Anyway I was delighted to hear how the nice the weather is as I'm over with my family on 6th May and we'll be in Truro for a week from the 9th - and we're really looking forward to it!

Best wishes to you for the future.

Lynda
Have a great trip to.............http://czech.wunderground.com/global...ons/71398.html
Old Apr 28th 2008, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lynda

Thank you for your kind comments, i did wonder if i should of said anything, this is the first time i have really spoken about our situation.

Have a great time, it is another sunny day here, nice blue skies, fresh air, basically all you need for some fun. I still can't believe how little traffic there is, i won't be doing too much this year but next year will be my year for seeing areas of Nova Scotia. Have a great trip & let me know how you get on. If the weathers good the beaches are a big draw as they are so quiet & the waters are really warm. Only problem is once you go you then want to keep going back, doing this will get you relaxed but little info to take back to the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Novagirl, and welcome
Old Apr 28th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to beholdNovaGirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi Bink

Do you know i thought no one would reply as i have had a bit of a steady eddy time of it since i have been here. Not really done a vast amount in terms of sight seeing, i have that ear marked for 2009, earlier if at all poss!

You remind me of one of my friends, only she is blonde but use to color her hair all the time, really irritating as every colour suited her!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 4:37 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!! Oh my, another North Shore voice, but a different one! We can share in your explorations when that time comes and you can offer us a new perspective too. We moved to Halifax in January, but we havent been terribly far as yet. My mother is visiting in a few weeks time and we will step out further because someone has come to visit.

Well we are also enjoying the sun today, going to take the puppy up to the York Redoubt and exhaust her with a ball. Glad to hear that your health is improving and what excellent care you recieved, that is great news.

Maybe you can come to a get together at some point in the future. There is one in May, somewhere in the middle of NS I think - nothing arranged as yet, and I am sure there will be others nearer you in the future.

Take care!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome Poppy2

I hope all goes well when your MIL comes over, sometimes it can take visitors /guests to get you to venture out, have fun!
I have sent you a PM.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Novagirl,

I have been reading your posts with interest, you appear to have alot to offer people coming to BE. Sorry to hear that you have been ill but it's great that you are feeling better now.

I am moving to NS in August but will be over for a few days to complete on our house on June 12th. We will be living in Musquodoboit Harbour but I will be working as a nurse in Sheet Harbour. It's good to know that rural health care is up to the mark in NS.

I hope that we can meet up sometime when I am over there, perhaps at one of the recce's.

Look after yourself, Lynn
Old Apr 28th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lynn

Thank you for your lovely post.

I took the time to type out a PM which took me a while & then i went & lost/deleted it! Did i give up heck no! I then thought i can re type it, well i am now unsure where it is, possibly emailed it to you by accident & i haven't even had a beer! I need a drink!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get a PM. I can't check my email at the moment as I am at work and hotmail is blocked here. I'll check it in the morning.
Thanks, Lynn
Old Apr 29th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

Sounds like you have had a journey of health but hopefully things on the way up
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Silverdragon102.

How are you finding things in NS, i think i may of read at some point that you have brought a house near Amherst? How does rural life suit you, i am unsure if you lived rurally in the UK or in a town?

We moved here from a very pretty village in Suffolk, population under 1K. Although we loved the village we lived in we were unable to get out of the rat race, at that point i had my first daughter & we realised she would never see her daddy unless we made some drastic changes to our lives We also knew we wanted to move to Canada for a number of reasons.

Although not in the best of health we have never regretted our decision & have still enjoyed our time here todate.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Where do you live in Cumberland County?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Silverdragon

I just had a quick look at the post i sent you, its funny what we think & what we end up writing or in my case not writing?

Welcome to Amherst was suppose to be in my post, better late than never eh?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Thanks Silverdragon102.

How are you finding things in NS, i think i may of read at some point that you have brought a house near Amherst? How does rural life suit you, i am unsure if you lived rurally in the UK or in a town?

We moved here from a very pretty village in Suffolk, population under 1K. Although we loved the village we lived in we were unable to get out of the rat race, at that point i had my first daughter & we realised she would never see her daddy unless we made some drastic changes to our lives We also knew we wanted to move to Canada for a number of reasons.

Although not in the best of health we have never regretted our decision & have still enjoyed our time here todate.
We lived in Bradford and Portsmouth in the UK so not really rural but over here definitely rural as living inbetween Amherst and Pugwash and loving it especially hubby and the dogs as they have 18 acres to play in
Old Apr 29th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NovaGirl
Hi Silverdragon

I just had a quick look at the post i sent you, its funny what we think & what we end up writing or in my case not writing?

Welcome to Amherst was suppose to be in my post, better late than never eh?
Welcome to BE - where do you live in Cumberland County - you must be near. Have you heard about all the problems on Route 7?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.