Reload this Page >

New to Auburn Bay

New to Auburn Bay

Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

verityjq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Auburn Bay

Hi !
I've just moved (18 August) to Auburn Bay with my husband and our two children , Charlie (9) and Lottie-Belle (21 months)
I love it here but don't know anybody so whilst my husband and son are out at work/school myself and Lottie are feeling pretty lost and lonely
Are there any other mums in the local area in the same position that would like to meet up ?
I know I don't really need to put this but I'm 33 be from Manchester

Thanks for reading 😊
Old Sep 27th 2013, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Auburn Bay

You are only 20 minutes down the road from me, I am from Kent, and I always have a good experience meeting expats.
I live in the NW of Calgary, and I'm too married.
Anyways, 31, if you guys fancy a beer or coffee, feel free to let me know.

You will feel at home in no time, I love it here, it truely is a great place to be
Old Sep 27th 2013, 7:47 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

There's an Auburn Bay Ladies Social Group on Facebook. I only found this out by coming across the Auburn Bay Blockwatch Facebook group which was an excellent read until they made it invite only. Honestly, the number of people on there who were miffed at having their car broken into despite the fact they left an ipod/sat nav/money/wallet in it unlocked on the drive!

Good luck!
Old Sep 29th 2013, 3:07 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
There's an Auburn Bay Ladies Social Group on Facebook. I only found this out by coming across the Auburn Bay Blockwatch Facebook group which was an excellent read until they made it invite only. Honestly, the number of people on there who were miffed at having their car broken into despite the fact they left an ipod/sat nav/money/wallet in it unlocked on the drive!

Good luck!
Oh gosh Flossie, my daughter wont be very happy to hear that. She lives near Westbrook Mall off 37th Street and had an attempted break in on her car last sunday, didn't get in but left a beautiful hole in the door, so is desperately looking to move to a better area - Auburn Bay is where we looked yesterday!!! anyways we did tell her that there was no guarantee her car wouldn't get broken into again but at least trying to find somewhere that has a lockup garage!
Old Sep 29th 2013, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Oh gosh Flossie, my daughter wont be very happy to hear that. She lives near Westbrook Mall off 37th Street and had an attempted break in on her car last sunday, didn't get in but left a beautiful hole in the door, so is desperately looking to move to a better area - Auburn Bay is where we looked yesterday!!! anyways we did tell her that there was no guarantee her car wouldn't get broken into again but at least trying to find somewhere that has a lockup garage!
Oh, yes, the subdivision with the "orrible murder" back in May!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 12:50 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
Bev
it was more the fact that people are miffed they get broken into when they leave stuff showing in their car. I doubt Auburn Bay is any worse than any other subdivision in Calgary!
Old Sep 30th 2013, 2:25 am
Just Joined

lynsey3333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I've sent you an email...(I think). I live in Auburn bay too. Moved here 12 months ago. we Have a 2 year old little girl, and she's always looking for new friends

Hopefully hear from you soon

Lynsey
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:41 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Bev
it was more the fact that people are miffed they get broken into when they leave stuff showing in their car. I doubt Auburn Bay is any worse than any other subdivision in Calgary!
Yes you are right Flossie, the car with the most damage had all his work tools taken which were there for all to see! Our daughter has now put down deposit on a small place in Cranston (less of a building site than Auburn Bay at the moment) and thankfully it comes with a garage so the car will be in there when not being used (which is a lot of the time).

Hope all is well with you.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

marika g will become famous soon enoughmarika g will become famous soon enough

Hi! I'm in McKenzie Towne and have a 10 year old son (Josh) and now expecting a second child. I'm more than willing and able to get together for a coffee and a chat if you like?! Oh and I am also from Manchester.... been here now just under 5 years so send me a PM and we can get together soon. I'm 38