Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

networking prior to applying for visa.

networking prior to applying for visa.

Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default networking prior to applying for visa.

Is it work using linkedin to approach companies in my desired area in order to get my cv looked at in the hope of getting a written job offer prior to appying for my visa? Have a family friend that will put us up for six months so we can settle and build some finance before renting our own place. Also means I can crack stright on with work. Does that make sense.?
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: networking prior to applying for visa.

What visa will you be applying for
Old Jan 24th 2014, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

muners is an unknown quantity at this point

Was thinking of a two year work visa and going PR if all goes well for us prior to that coming to an end. Son is only three so wouldn't start school there for another 18 months which timewise would be ideal.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muners
Was thinking of a two year work visa and going PR if all goes well for us prior to that coming to an end. Son is only three so wouldn't start school there for another 18 months which timewise would be ideal.
What 'two year work visa'? I'm struggling to think what visa you mean, particularly as you seem to think a job offer isn't a requirement for the visa.

Do you mean a Temporary Work Permit? They can be for 2 years, or can be for 1 year, or 3 years etc - they're not for a fixed amount of time. And to get one you'd need a job offer first, together with a LMO.