Reload this Page >

Network Engineering job advice?

Network Engineering job advice?

Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

neilgvirgo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Network Engineering job advice?

Hi
I am a Network Engineer with many years experience working on a large campus wide network in a leading UK university. I am looking for similar jobs in Canada and am very interested in finding out if others in Network Engineering / Network Administration roles have managed to get interviews or even job offers in Canada in this field?

Also does anyone have any information or advice for those of us in Networking and wishing to relocate?

many thanks

Neil
Old Oct 16th 2017, 11:37 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Network Engineering job advice?

Originally Posted by neilgvirgo
Hi
I am a Network Engineer with many years experience working on a large campus wide network in a leading UK university. I am looking for similar jobs in Canada and am very interested in finding out if others in Network Engineering / Network Administration roles have managed to get interviews or even job offers in Canada in this field?

Also does anyone have any information or advice for those of us in Networking and wishing to relocate?

many thanks

Neil
The system admin / networking fields are quite active in IT here in Ottawa at least. Plenty of government-related jobs and private industry.
When I moved to Canada looking for work in this field, I checked with a few agencies and got talking to them and saw the lay of the land, so to speak.
You will soon find which ones are the helpful ones and by helpful I mean some of them will do the heavy lifting of finding you work; they'll tune up your resume (CV); etc. Use them to get started.
Also make sure you're aware of how the term 'engineer' is used in Canada.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Network Engineering job advice?

Where I live in the US, the network engineer vacancies have dropped a lot. Not really sure why. It may be due to more foreign workers and offshoring.