Need Help

Old Oct 16th 2001, 6:20 am
babu

Default Please Answer

Hi! everybody,

I have got Canadian Immigration and the last date of my landing Jan,2002. I have been staying with my wife in Japan, where my wife has been doing her Ph.D under government scholarship in a Japanese University.
She will have to finish her research study and it will take another 2 years. In this moment, we would like go to Canada for a week to report there and come back to Japan. so my questions is

1. Is it not the reason enough to get a RRP that I have to stay with my wife while she will be studing in Japan?

2. How long I have to stay in Canada for the first landing time for reporting purpose? a week or more?

3. Because of the short stay this time in my friends house how can I apply for a SIN, health insurance and bank account

What kind of problem may I face in the future for the above purpose?

Any suggessions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

[Edited by babu on Oct 17th 2001 at 5:21am]

Old Oct 16th 2001, 1:00 pm
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

An immigrant absent from Canada for more than 183 days is presumed to have abandoned
permanent residence unless the immigrant can rebut the presumption.

In considering whether or not an immigrant has abandoned Canada as the place of
residence, an immigration officer at the port of entry will consider the following:

-length of absence; -reasons given for an extended absence; -evidence of continuing
ties to Canada, such as driver's licence, health insurance, family ties, employment,
etc. medical or humanitarian reasons eg. caring for sick relative; and -whether
there are extensive ties outside of Canada, such as foreign employment, family,
residence, etc.

To assist in rebutting this presumption an immigrant should obtain a Returning
Resident Permit.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 16th 2001, 1:12 pm
Stuart Brook

More to the point, if a person is newly landed and has not established residence in
Canada (which means a lot more than simply landing and staying for a while) before
leaving again, then the officer on re-entry may determine that you haven't actually
landed and deny you entry using the immigrant visa.

An RRP does not guarantee re-entry.

Stuart

WebImmigration.Com wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
[usenetquote2]>>Hi! everybody,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>I am a Bangladeshi, have got Canadian Immigration and the last date of my landing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Jan,2002. I have been staying with my wife in Japan, where my wife has been doing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>her Ph.D under government scholarship in a Japanese University. She will have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>finish her research study and it will take another 2 years. In this moment, we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>would like go to Canada for a week to report there and come back to Japan. so my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>questions are'[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>1. How long I have to stay in Canada for the reporting purpose? a week or more?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>2. When I should apply for the RRP, after coming back to canada or before coming[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> back to Canada?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>3. As I am not going to stay for a long time, should I take the necessary money[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> with me or bank statement is enough for the immigration purpose?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Any suggessions will be highly appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Thank you in advance.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>--[/usenetquote2]