My update....

Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:07 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My update....

Well....here goes.

Came to NS and stayed in Westville for a few days with my best friend he helped me with everything, and my settling has been really easy.

I have now been here a week and this was my first full day in my new apartment, I'm living in a basement of a house In Dartmouth, NS and have my own access and back yard. (with lakeside views ) The lady who owns a house knows my best friends family and grew up with him so couldn't be more lucky. My rent, heat, water, internet, tv, electric etc... comes included in one price all I needed to do was get a cell phone. My new landlady has also offered to drive me places and is helping me settle in.

In the week I have driven round myself all over Pictou county in my friends car, met Mrs Yes-can-do in New Glasgow (again) we went to the Pictou counties Girls Night Out last Saturday and it was a blast. (mr Yes-can-do must have let her out for the night)

Bought my snow gear, got my health card, sorted out money and bank stuff, got my sin number and finally moved into my new place yesterday (24-11-08) etc.....

So I will be finally applying for my PR (what a long wait) by the end of the year and starting my job on Thursday (27-11-08) I'm not getting a car at the moment and taking public transport so I'll let you know how I get on with that I don't think I'll be able to afford a car but well see what happens.

Been shopping and got lots of stuff for my new place but luckily it cam with brand new furniture that I am buying of my landlady for a very good price. So I'm all set and it didn't really take much the worse part so far has been the wait for my TWP, but it does help when you have lots of friends here already.

My apartment is the best place I have ever lived in and it's so big, I can see me being very comfortable here and I love living on my own so far, the next thing for me is to make more friends and network as much as I can.

So far so good.

xx

I'll keep you all posted, at least I have something to say now rather than stalk the postman for 9 months. lol

This photo is what I see when I look out my apartment
Attached Thumbnails My update....-p_00019.jpg  

Last edited by or4ngecrush; Nov 26th 2008 at 2:30 am.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:26 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My update....

Great post and good luck with the new place
All sounds good, the networking is a must, meeting people in the area is great and i honestly think some of the women i talk to away from expats are high of timmies, but wow do they lift your spirits

good luck for the future
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!!

Wow - what a great update. I'm so pleased you've landed on your feet, both with the work thing and also your home. That photo is like something out of a book! Awesome.

I arrived here on my own too, and have met alot of people initially through this website, and then things have snowballed - met their friends, and their friends etc......

Good Luck and hope things keep on this positive vibe for you.

Bx
Old Nov 26th 2008, 12:42 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Glad you are settling in ok, that view looks amazing. and good luck with the job starting tomorrow

Maybe catch up next year fingers x
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:02 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy to see you've made it and are settling in nicely.

Have fun.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 1:56 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear you sound so happy and the view from your apartment looks great

If you ever need the assistance of a car - ie moving something big or whatever - don't hesitate to ask. I know what a pain in the ass it can be sometimes when you don't have one!

So....are you getting some ice skates ready to go skating on that lake
Old Nov 26th 2008, 2:41 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Nice view Emma Im sure you will have no problem making loads of new friends.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wow! What a view!
I'm happy to read you're here and things are looking good. Best of luck for the new job. Thanks for posting a really great update.

Rob.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post Emma and all the best in your new job on Thursday.

View from your apartment looks awesome.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:51 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma

It's only been 8 days since you arrived and you have accomplished so much already.

Love the view from your new home. Just wait til it freezes over - what an icerink that will be. You'll have to email some indoor pics cos I am nosey.

Enjoy your first day at work tomorrow - its been one heck of a wait for you
Old Nov 26th 2008, 5:31 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Great photo such a lovely view to look out on - enjoy!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:37 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies, yes i do have skates and can't wait to try them out. Think I'll go to the rink first, looks like the lake is thawing.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you've made it and glad everything's going so well for you - good luck in you're new life.

MrsDV
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

htats a lovely view

also, try garage sales for anything you're missing- good value!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caitilin
htats a lovely view

also, try garage sales for anything you're missing- good value!
What a lovely view!

Good luck both with your new life and your new job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.