Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My turn to say..............got it!!!!

My turn to say..............got it!!!!

Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: My turn to say..............got it!!!!

Hi Bananahammock,

well done! medicals in, we are just behind in our timeline our AOR was jan 04, so hopefully we will hear something after christmas. Good luck with medicals.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi Bananahammock,

well done! medicals in, we are just behind in our timeline our AOR was jan 04, so hopefully we will hear something after christmas. Good luck with medicals.
Wensamjam..............we're on the same timeline as you, give us a shout if you hear anything, been looking on this site and some say 21 months from AOR. By the way, when did you first apply...we applied in Mid October, however it seemed the Donkey carrying the mail got sick..... Anyway good luck to all>
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice

congrats banana! Let us know how the next stage goes. Good luck!
Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:34 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by bananahammock
Hi all,
Medical requests recieved today, interview waived................I'm part happy and part terrified

I need a group hug!!
excellent news! congrats!

Old Dec 10th 2004, 4:35 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by ukjo
I miss absolutely nuffink about brissle. Since I have been back here I have been to Broadmead once (that was once too much!!) and The Mall (still cant get used to it being called the mail!!!) a couple of times and thats about it. Its not how I remembered it to be and although its only been 10 months, it seems a completely different place. I live North Bristol near to Yate so I missed the countryside out towards Bath and its been nice to see country for miles and miles without bloody trees!!!lol. The accent sounds so much stronger now and I sounded like a foreigner myself when I arrived but I must admit the good ole brissle twang is rearing its ugly head again. I am taking back Little Britain dvd just incase I get homesick for the accent so all I will have to do is put on Vicky "yeah but no but yeah" Pollard and I will have my fix!
hey jo was wondering if you were still across the water and how things were going! when are you due back?

Old Dec 10th 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Velouria
hey jo was wondering if you were still across the water and how things were going! when are you due back?
Yes I am still here in the Land of rain! Cant wait to get home to Canada infact I am climbing the walls!!!! My mum has just said to me shes glad that I am climbing the walls to get there as it means I have done the right thing in going in the first place. Due back on the 11am plane from Heathrow on Wednesday morning to Halifax. If there are anyone else flying on AC860 (or maybe its 861 cant remember) on Weds please let me know and we will drink the flight away together!!
Old Dec 11th 2004, 12:35 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi Bananahammock,

Hi Wendy

We used SIS as well, so hopefully yours is just around the corner.
Barbara told us not to expect anything this year and to go on and enjoy christmas so I think she was as surprised as us.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 2:51 am
Velouria

Originally Posted by ukjo
Yes I am still here in the Land of rain! Cant wait to get home to Canada infact I am climbing the walls!!!! My mum has just said to me shes glad that I am climbing the walls to get there as it means I have done the right thing in going in the first place. Due back on the 11am plane from Heathrow on Wednesday morning to Halifax. If there are anyone else flying on AC860 (or maybe its 861 cant remember) on Weds please let me know and we will drink the flight away together!!
well i agree with your mum then! looks like you did make the right decision hope you have a safe journey back! im just watching the snow come down yet again!

Old Dec 11th 2004, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Hi Bananahammock,

Oh so you did get a big surprise then, we have been told to expect after christmas, which i think is more likely for us. How have you found using SIS? PM me if you think we are going off subject here.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Frankieforehead,

we pu application in 31 September 2003, got AOR in Jan 04, so hope medicals around Feb time, good luck with yours.
Old Dec 11th 2004, 9:11 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Great news Banana!!!! Bet you are so excited.
Old Dec 12th 2004, 2:07 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Great news Banana!!!! Bet you are so excited.

50% excited
50% terrified :scared:

Old Dec 12th 2004, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bananahammock
50% excited
50% terrified :scared:

Its the fear of the unknown. Once you are out of your regular surroundings you will feel like an alien but that will soon pass dont worry. I knew only 2 people other than my husband when i moved over and one of them was the ex wife (like that friendship lasted!!llol). Just keep online for advice and friendship from those in the know and you'll do ok. By the way, what part of Bristol are you moving from?