Reload this Page >

my landing experience

my landing experience

Old Dec 13th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Khiran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my landing experience

Hi All,
After a long immigration process, I’ve officially landed in Vancouver along with my wife and my four kids. We had to fly from Kuwait to Vancouver thru Abu Dhabi and Frankfurt, so it was a very long trip (almost 28 hours) especially for the kids but I made it a bit easier by flying with the comfort of the business class wish I managed to buy for almost the same price of an economy .
Landing process was a bit long as we had thirteen families in front of us and only one officer on duty. We waited almost three hours till we finally had our interview. It was very simple and straight forward. The officer didn’t bother himself to ask me about the goods I’m bringing with and I had to remind him myself. He was a bit confused with the lists I made for the goods I’m bringing with and the goods to follow where I insisted that he should stamp the lists. He made some phone calls and finally he agreed to stamp the list of goods I’m bringing with only. He gave me a phone number which I need to call when my goods to follow arrive and they will clear it for me without paying any customs duty.
He also gave me a piece of paper showing all the required documents I need to clear my things and there is nothing mention about any list or stamps, so I had to finish this argument hoping that he is not misleading me.

Did anyone had the same experience before?

By the way, they also insisted that I should fill the regular customs declaration which I did.

All the best,