Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

My Air Transat Experience

Wikiposts

My Air Transat Experience

Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:22 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Air Transat Experience

Originally Posted by el_richo
I've just spoken to my mum in LHR T5. She's just finished her cup of tea and a sandwich in the lounge before popping over to sit on the upper deck, Club Class, for her flight to Vancouver.

She's loving it and i'm very happy knowing she's not schlepping it through chav infested gatwick, queing for ages to check in, and sitting cramped on a shitty flight for hours.

All for the princely sum for just over 700 quid
Which I think the majority of people would have a preference of doing if they'd managed to buy their flight in the sale and had collected enough airmiles to upgrade as you have for your mother. I'd guess most people aren't in that situation - especially when travelling and paying for a family to travel.

Fair play though - she'll have a good flight
Old Jun 27th 2012, 4:25 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cde219
I have flown a few times with them and never had any probs to be honest!

you pay for what you get and air transat prices means I can afford to visit my family in Canada more often then I am willing to sit for 8 hours and watch crappy movies and pay $7 for a beer!

as long as it takes off and lands me safely I am not fussy plus if our emigration is successful my family would be able to visit us more often as well so I am glad air transat is still going
I am of the same opinion as you. I go back 3 times a year at least, I do find though, that if I can book dates far enough in advance, then AC can be just as cheap, and they do a day flight from Toronto. Cattle class AC is no better than AT IMO, it's the flying times that I prefer.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:21 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad just flew back transat club class, seemed happy enough. worth the upgrade.

Complained about "bonzai food" on the way over, very small portions.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Jennika is an unknown quantity at this point

I've flown Air Transat a few times - first thing I noticed is that their seats are wider and roomier than say Emirates or KLM (that could just be the type of plane tho). The only thing is they were a bit out-dated with the overhead TVs.

And their luggage allowance - 20kg definitely not enough.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:14 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jennika

And their luggage allowance - 20kg definitely not enough.
My dad just spent 6 weeks here and he came with no checked luggage at all, just carry on. 20kg should be enough
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:03 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
My dad just spent 6 weeks here and he came with no checked luggage at all, just carry on. 20kg should be enough
20kg NEVER enough that's just a shoe allowance.