Reload this Page >

My Air Transat Experience

My Air Transat Experience

Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

englishbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My Air Transat Experience

Originally Posted by chillingincanada
My mum flew with them in May and said the same! She had a little less luggage 35kg though
hmmm ive been told i have a 23kg allowance and if i pay £65 i can have another 23kg so how r u guys getting 35+ ggrrrrrr lol x
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:47 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishbird
hmmm ive been told i have a 23kg allowance and if i pay £65 i can have another 23kg so how r u guys getting 35+ ggrrrrrr lol x
If you 'upgrade' to option plus or club class with Canadian Affair (Air Transat), you'll automatically get the additional allowance.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Animal
If you 'upgrade' to option plus or club class with Canadian Affair (Air Transat), you'll automatically get the additional allowance.
thanks will look into it would be worth the extra £100 to get the allowance for me and my son x
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
My sister flew on them and said it was worst travelling experience she'd had. Cramped seats, horrible food, had tho pay for booze, old fashioned tvs and shit films, dreadful check-ins, flying out of a crappy UK airport, rude staff and top it all she had to stop in Calgary on their way here. Her assessment of the experience, cheap and very nasty.
But isn't that she was paying for? If you want premium air travel, stump up the change!
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks will look into it would be worth the extra £100 to get the allowance for me and my son x
Just checking, but you mention 'me and my son' in your posts, you are aware that you need his father's permission to remove him from UK jurisdiction, or a court order to that effect if he's not going with you?

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread with something that's unrelated, but thought I ought to mention it just in case you weren't aware how tough Canada is on permission for single parents.

Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoshiPal2010
But isn't that she was paying for? If you want premium air travel, stump up the change!
She didn't know how dreadful the experience was going to be. I don't think she'll ever do that again.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, but you mention 'me and my son' in your posts, you are aware that you need his father's permission to remove him from UK jurisdiction, or a court order to that effect if he's not going with you?

Sorry, don't want to hijack the thread with something that's unrelated, but thought I ought to mention it just in case you weren't aware how tough Canada is on permission for single parents.

dont need to all been sorted in court
Old Jun 17th 2012, 9:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
She didn't know how dreadful the experience was going to be. I don't think she'll ever do that again.
+1. My HID once flew from TO to probably Newcastle on AT. The flight stopped over in Montreal and then proceeded after a 4 hour delay. Bad enough but then after another two hours the cabin started to fill with fumes from the engines, so they had to return in extreme discomfort to Montreal for a further 8 hour delay. I think the "flight" took a total of 25 hours.

Never again.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:45 am
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
+1. My HID once flew from TO to probably Newcastle on AT. The flight stopped over in Montreal and then proceeded after a 4 hour delay. Bad enough but then after another two hours the cabin started to fill with fumes from the engines, so they had to return in extreme discomfort to Montreal for a further 8 hour delay. I think the "flight" took a total of 25 hours.

Never again.
I had a similar experience with Delta from Denver back to the UK. Overall it took me 32 hours of travelling from aircraft technical issues to the pilot being over hours so we couldn't take off and we had to go back to the gate and wait 4 hours for a replacement pilot.

It isn't with any one airline - shit happens with them all.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 1:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Animal
I had a similar experience with Delta from Denver back to the UK. Overall it took me 32 hours of travelling from aircraft technical issues to the pilot being over hours so we couldn't take off and we had to go back to the gate and wait 4 hours for a replacement pilot.

It isn't with any one airline - shit happens with them all.
Possibly. That's the only time in likely more than 300 transatlantic flights between the two of us it's happened to either.

Never again.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:22 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Get a grip
It's true.

My mums flying to Vancouver via club class with BA for £750
Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

chillingincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they took pity on a little old lady travelling on her own and let her off
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

YoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeYoshiPal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, none of the chavs and lager louts, allegedly travelling on AT, are Brit. expats living in Canada. We are all such quality people!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

I've only flown once with them back in 2008 (MAN to Van) but I had wonderful seat with ample legroom (I think I paid a bit extra for it but don't recall now).

Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Jon_b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
55kg if you opt for club class plus another FREE 40kg if you take golf clubs and fishing tackle
I used them for the first time a few weeks ago - the checked baggage allowance is fine, but the carry is only 5kg! I could put barely anything in my carry on.
for this reason alone I would only use them again as a last resort.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.