Mukluks

Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:07 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mukluks

Anyone got any? Just wondering what you think of them.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:10 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mukluks

Originally Posted by Tiaribbon
Nope but I hear bear poop sticks to them something rotten

Rich.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:12 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Nope but I hear bear poop sticks to them something rotten

Rich.
Well I was thinking about stealing their design and making my own...... . The materials are within my grasp, but the water pistol is going to let me down I fear. .
Old Nov 16th 2005, 9:17 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

The materials are within my grasp, but the water pistol is going to let me down I fear.
Huh fur, leather and twine is all you need. See ?

http://furhut.com/fur-mukluks-c-32.html?adwords

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 16th 2005 at 9:28 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:10 pm
Premium Member

Have tonnes of twine but have just been viewing that sight and perhaps I will make a rug instead and just buy the boots!!

Tia's Rug
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:52 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Have tonnes of twine but have just been viewing that sight and perhaps I will make a rug instead and just buy the boots!!

Tia's Rug
That is like wearing fur coats, we all know what people think of that :scared:
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Edward de Par is on a distinguished road

Mukluks are good for very cold and dry conditions. Not to be worn in wet snow..this is bad....
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:40 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by finallygotout
That is like wearing fur coats, we all know what people think of that :scared:
Surely not in Canada, the home of the fur coat! Quite literally.

Actually I have no problem with people wearing fur, leather, eating animal flesh or using glue - the only issue I have, is with animals being killed inhumanely.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:42 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Edward de Par
Mukluks are good for very cold and dry conditions. Not to be worn in wet snow..this is bad....
Ahh so no good for apres-ski if not really freezing temperatures.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:40 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Surely not in Canada, the home of the fur coat! Quite literally.

Actually I have no problem with people wearing fur, leather, eating animal flesh or using glue - the only issue I have, is with animals being killed inhumanely.
Yes, like seal clubbing ??? i agree that seals need to be culled but whats wrong with a quick, clean, relatively painless shot to the head. As for fur coats, give em to the sally army
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:41 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Yes, like seal clubbing ??? i agree that seals need to be culled but whats wrong with a quick, clean, relatively painless shot to the head.
Couldn't agree more!! Absolutely disgusting practice and I sent in my petition!!!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I can tell you something useful about mukluks and that is that you really need to have crepe soles put on the bottom. I had a pair and I found them dangerously slippery. I would not wear them. Mind you, in Regina the snow gets packed down and frozen and while its not too bad walking on a smooth flat skating rink - its a death trap trying to walk on frozen lumps and bumps of ice.

The same goes for moccasins. Some people (not me I hasten to add) wear them outside. My neighbour tells me that you cannot wear them inside as well or the soles get all smooth and then they are super slippery outside. You have to only wear them outside. As I said, I have never tried it - they look like slippers to me and I don't wear slippers to the store!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:09 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Hey Liz...you changed your pic
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:37 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by lizwil98
I can tell you something useful about mukluks and that is that you really need to have crepe soles put on the bottom. I had a pair and I found them dangerously slippery. I would not wear them. Mind you, in Regina the snow gets packed down and frozen and while its not too bad walking on a smooth flat skating rink - its a death trap trying to walk on frozen lumps and bumps of ice.

The same goes for moccasins. Some people (not me I hasten to add) wear them outside. My neighbour tells me that you cannot wear them inside as well or the soles get all smooth and then they are super slippery outside. You have to only wear them outside. As I said, I have never tried it - they look like slippers to me and I don't wear slippers to the store!
Thank you very much for that Liz - this was exactly the information that I was hoping to get. I also thought that the soles looked completely impractical for wearing in the snow as they looked really slippery.