Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Muchmor Magazine

Muchmor Magazine

Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:53 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Muchmor Magazine

www.muchmormagazine.com

For anyone that doesn't already know about this magazine you can subscribe free and download a pdf of this monthly magazine. It is really well laid out and filled with really good information about all the provinces in Canada, with lots of info if you are relocating. You can download back issues too. In previous issues they have featured each province individually. Would you believe I have just posted a thread today about transporting pets and lo and behold it's one of the magazine's features this month.

Thought I would share it with you all.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muchmor Magazine

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
www.muchmormagazine.com

For anyone that doesn't already know about this magazine you can subscribe free and download a pdf of this monthly magazine. It is really well laid out and filled with really good information about all the provinces in Canada, with lots of info if you are relocating. You can download back issues too. In previous issues they have featured each province individually. Would you believe I have just posted a thread today about transporting pets and lo and behold it's one of the magazine's features this month.

This is a fab magazine i have all of the copies
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:03 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst all the other goodies in this months magazine there is an 'Average wage across the provinces' for different jobs. Salaries really vary from one to the other.
Old Oct 1st 2006, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

shabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud ofshabby1 has much to be proud of

www.muchmormagazine.com

Thanks for that...have now subscribed!!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:45 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

www.muchmormagazine.com

Our real life story is featured in the last two issues - fame at last!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:11 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst all the other goodies in this months magazine there is an 'Average wage across the provinces' for different jobs. Salaries really vary from one to the other.
Yes and four recipes for pumpkin pie!! Yummy yummy
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

It looks (unsurprisingly) almost unerrringly upbeat and positive about the whole schebang. Almost like "Canada News" :scared:

But maybe a regular reader could tell us if they ever mention the downsides to this business. I never quite trust publications that are all white or all black if you know what I mean.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
But maybe a regular reader could tell us if they ever mention the downsides to this business. I never quite trust publications that are all white or all black if you know what I mean.
I have read them all and they do not provide a "warts and all" image but, there again, they are trying to provide a service to those that know very little about what they are about to embark upon. Most regular viewers on this forum would learn very little by reading this.

But is it free and provides the regular monthly "pick me up" for those that get fed up with all of the waiting
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
they are trying to provide a service to those that know very little about what they are about to embark upon.
Its hardly doing them a service to make it looks like its all butterflys and blue skies and happily ever afters.

Its doing a service for all the realors who pay their bills though
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:55 pm
Banned

incanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Its hardly doing them a service to make it looks like its all butterflys and blue skies and happily ever afters.

Hi

Muchmor Magazine here.

We would be more than willing to hear the "other side" of emigrating if anyone wants to share their story.

We have no problem with showing the downsides as well as the highs, after all, even life in Canada isn't perfect - we know, we live here.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:16 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

If no one here bites, you could always contact these guys

I'm happy here (mostly)

EDIT: Its blocked here...looks a lot like www.*********.com

Last edited by iaink; Oct 2nd 2006 at 7:06 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 6:45 pm
Scottish Canuck

This magazine prints real-life stories of people who are willing to share their experience of moving to Canada. These people share their struggles and stresses too and if they can give me a few tips on the way I gladly take them onboard. I have noticed that a few of the families featured are regulars to this forum too.

The magazine also provides information across all the provinces on PNP, immigration fees explained, UK qualifications explained, child benefit, driving licences, car leasing, fact finding trips, money, pets, what happens when you land in Canada, school system, build your our house, home inspections, health cover, taxes etc, not forgetting all the information they have provided about each and every province over the last year.

This magazine is free to download and I think it's a great read. The information provided has been really useful to me.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:41 pm
Banned

ipevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes-can...I'd second that to!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:28 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Lol - Only you could get a reply from the blue-sky brigade at the magazine.

Try invoking Playboy next Iain and see what happens. :

"Dear Mr Hefner, I notice your publication only posts pictures of beautiful women...blah, blah."

J

If no one here bites, you could always contact these guys

I'm happy here (mostly)

EDIT: Its blocked here...looks a lot like www.*********.com
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 9:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Madmac
Lol - Only you could get a reply from the blue-sky brigade at the magazine.

Try invoking Playboy next Iain and see what happens. :

"Dear Mr Hefner, I notice your publication only posts pictures of beautiful women...blah, blah."

J
I hadnt noticed....I only look at it for the articles...

Last edited by iaink; Oct 2nd 2006 at 9:38 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.