Reload this Page >

Mr.Miller Question for you

Mr.Miller Question for you

Old Jul 25th 2002, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

lakella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mr.Miller Question for you

Hi,

I applied for Canada PR as a Skilled worker through Buffalo in April'2002. When I calculate my points according to new standards I'm getting 72 points. Now I got a job in canada, Can I add my appointment letter to my application so that my points will come to 77 where I will have a good chance of getting PR.

Will they consider my appointment letter now.

Thanks
Akella
Old Jul 25th 2002, 4:20 am
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Mr.Miller Question for you

You need a formal job offer validated by HRDC to have any chance for consideration of
your offer of employment in assessing your PR application. Appointment letter means
nothing, sorry.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"lakella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I applied for Canada PR as a Skilled worker through Buffalo in April'2002. When I
    > calculate my points according to new standards I'm getting 72 points. Now I got a
    > job in canada, Can I add my appointment letter to my application so that my points
    > will come to 77 where I will have a good chance of getting PR.
    >
    > Will they consider my appointment letter now.
    >
    > Thanks Akella
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 25th 2002, 1:20 pm
pkjmet

Default Re: Mr.Miller Question for you

"Andrew Miller" <millercitelus.net> wrote in message
news:<wiK%[email protected]> ...
    > You need a formal job offer validated by HRDC to have any chance for consideration
    > of your offer of employment in assessing your PR application. Appointment letter
    > means nothing, sorry.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ../..
    >
    > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
    > sending email)
    > ________________________________
    >
    >
    >
    > "lakella" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I applied for Canada PR as a Skilled worker through Buffalo in April'2002. When I
    > > calculate my points according to new standards I'm getting 72 points. Now I got a
    > > job in canada, Can I add my appointment letter to my application so that my
    > > points will come to 77 where I will have a good chance of getting PR.
    > >
    > > Will they consider my appointment letter now.
    > >
    > > Thanks Akella
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > >

Actually the job offer does not have to be validated by HRDC as AM suggests but they
do have to give an opinion to a visa officer that it is genuine, not part time and
meets prevailing wage standards in Canada. This is a lower test than validation which
is a term which is not used in the new regs. The "opiniated" (my term) offer info is
found in 82(1)(c) of the regs.

In your case I would submit the offer of employment and ask the officer to approve
the offer after he/she requests an opinion from HRDC. Because this is a new procedure
under the Regulations and HRDC has no instructions as to how to assess the offers and
give opinions, you may wish to seek help on this one.

In any event if you do not bring the offer of employment to CICs attention you will
never even receive consideration.

I suggest the job offer be genuine and not merely offered to you as a favour. There
are serious consequences for any one making a misrepresentation even persons trying
to help you by providing an offer. I am nor suggesting this to be the case but there
is a temptation for persons to make offers without the intention to follow thru.
Hence the requirment for the job to be genuine.

Jim Metcalfe, Consultant and former visa officer